Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello to everyone and share how happy I am to have a Bullitt.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Glad to have you with us!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
And to think the old owner traded his for a Dodge....

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134278

Welcome to the group!!!

As Greg said the nats are coming up soon it is a great way to meet the group and decide if you want to maintain your IMBOC membership......

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I am the former owner of Bullitt #1434. I am glad to see that my old car has gone to a good home!

There are some things about that car I thought you would like to know:

I purchased it from Miles Chevrolet in Decatur on July 3, 2004. The original owner traded it in with 18,200 miles on it. I drove it EVERY DAY for two years in all kinds of weather and I must say it was a lot of fun. I chose the Charger R/T (ironically enough, I traded my Bullitt for the Charger exactly two years to the day that I purchased it) beacuse it has good performance but LOTS more room in it and it's just a more comforable daily driver for ME. The Bullitt was a good car and I will always remember it fondly.

At 27,000 miles, the transmission blew a 3rd gear synchro, and since the car was out of warranty time wise, I called Ford and after some negotiating with them, they wound up givng me a FREE 3 year/36,000 mile bumper to bumper extended warranty. Shortly thereafter, I had Landmark Ford in Springfied rebuild the transmission. I had no problems with it since. The car should STILL have this warranty, and I STILL have the letter from Ford confirming this warranty. Just call any Ford dealer with your VIN and it should come up as being still under warranty. If you like, e-mail me with your address and I will gladly send it to you, in case you are given any grief.

About a year and a half into my ownership, the Mach 460 CD changer jammed up. Since I didn't care for the multi-disc changer, I had an Alpine CD/MP3 player installed at Best Buy in Springfield in Feb. 2006. I included the old Mach 460 when I traded in my Bullitt. Hopefully, they gave it to you along with an owner's manual for the ALpine and a plate to replace the coin holder that has the Bullitt's build number on it.

Also, about 2 weeks after I bought my Bullitt, the dreded Bullitt Curse struck. I was on my way home one night and I swerved to miss a deer and I wound up doing about $3400 in damage to the driver's side. Thankfully, it was ALL cosmetic and nothing structural, and I even drove the car for 2 weeks before the body shop could take it in for repair. The did a GREAT job, and I defy you to find the damage. I have the original door sticker that came with the car, complete with a small piece of the quarter panel attatched to it. The replacement sticker the body shop put on doesn't have the "KW" code to designate the Bullitt package. I also bought an original Ford Mustang Bullitt dealership poster shortly after I bought the car. It's yours free of charge if you want it.
As for my Charger R/T, I liked it but I REALLY wanted an SRT-8. I wound up trading it in for a black 2006 Charger SRT-8 about 2 weeks ago. I love it, it's everything I have ever wanted in a car and more. I would be a liar if I said I still didn't miss my old Bullitt though. I loved that car and it was good to me, but the Charger suits my needs better now.
I am VERY glad my Bullitt has gone to a good home. Since I live in Pana and work at Mueller's, maybe I will see it around on the streets of Decatur sometime. I wish you and my old Bullitt the best.

Take Care,
Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts