Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do to the bad ice/snow we had this year and an unrelated front accident, I need to repair my bumper. I figured it wouldn't be to much more to just get a new one. Anyway, I was looking at an 03 bumper, but was wondering does it have anything attached to the bottom of the bumper? I guess what I am trying to ask is, is there a spoiler or air damn, or air splitter, or whatever it is called on them. I found a good deal on a bumper, but it was just the bumper and from a picture I was looking at it looked like they normally might have something attached to the bottom. If there is any idea on what it is called and where I can pick one up would be great.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Matt Stachler said:
If there is any idea on what it is called and where I can pick one up would be great.

Thanks

Matt
There's about a 2" soft rubber lip that goes around the bottom. Mine came from the dealer where I picked up the cover. About a $100.00 item. You can just make it out on one of my garage pics. Just below the fog holes. Should be available where ever you pick up your bumper cover.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So there is a rubber lip on the bottom. I will look into the cost of that one. Is there anything else, maybe more toward the back?

Jim, how do you like the cobra front bumper, any problems?

Atowneagles, do you mean there is a piece that hangs down on the bottom behind the front, like the stock bumper?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Matt Stachler said:
Jim, how do you like the cobra front bumper, any problems? /QUOTE]
I changed over mostly to get rid of the plate notch. I passed on the `01 Cobra cover cause I thought I could get more air with the `03's bigger fog hole. (My air filter is right behind the passenger fog hole). you have to do a mini mod if you're keeping the stock hood as I did. You have to relocate the top mounting holes to the back so the horns fit better under the lip of the hood, and be careful the bracket the cover mounts to is plastic. I like the look. I've run into several guys that have done the `03 cover, but most of them also did the Cobra hood which, I think, makes it more of a snap on deal. Good luck, Mods are a good thing.:toocool:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jim5081 said:
you have to do a mini mod if you're keeping the stock hood as I did. You have to relocate the top mounting holes to the back so the horns fit better under the lip of the hood, and be careful the bracket the cover mounts to is plastic. I like the look.
thanks, I am planning on keeping the stock hood as well. Any more info or pics you can give me on the little mini mod wold be great. I have heard that before and even saw pictures, but I am not sure where i saw it. if it is easier here is my email.. [email protected]

Matt

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a new OEM Ford one, never painted. I am looking for 300.00 with Fog lights and bezels. I do not have the lower lip for it tho.
Ford wants over 400.00 List for the bumper cover alone, My cost was 320.00 so 300 with lights and bezels is a great price
Let me know!
Johnny

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Green Bullitt said:
shot of the front .. a good idea what's on my '03 Cobra bumper...
That's a much better shot of the rubber lip on the bottom. The extra 2" give it a better lower look.
Also, Mustangjohnny is offering an excellent deal on the cover for anyone looking for one...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sale Pending!
Johnny

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mustangjohnny said:
Sale Pending!
Johnny
Son-of-a.... Someone beat me to it on my own thread!! If things fall through let me know. I will take it, have cash in hand. If things get finalized, if you don't mind let me know so I can order it someplace else.

Thanks,

Matt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts