Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys has anybody campared the 08 bullitt with the 03/04 mach 1? My friend swears that his bone stock mach is faster, handels, drives better than my 08 bullitt. Oviously i beg to differ. what do you guys think??

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
brDofFire said:
Hey guys has anybody campared the 08 bullitt with the 03/04 mach 1? My friend swears that his bone stock mach is faster, handels, drives better than my 08 bullitt. Oviously i beg to differ. what do you guys think??
Stock Mach 1's are pretty quick for what you get.Drivers race.Handling,I doubt it.They do look pretty darn nice,I'll give em' that!I almost bought one in Azure Blue.

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
brDofFire said:
Tell your friend he is full of ....you know what. Also tell him to bring it and $250 and we will find out.

·
Registered
453 Posts
brDofFire said:

Probably be a driver's race, with the Mach having a slight edge. Stock Mach's run in the low to mid 13's in the 1/4 mile. 08 Bullitt specs I've seen shows 13.8. Probably an auto Mach would be closer to the 08 Bullitt. They are a little slower in the 1/4. As far as "better", that's up to individual preferences. I have an 01 Bullitt, an 04 Auto Mach, and test drove an 08 Bullitt for about 15 miles. The 08 Bullitt has a more refined ride, seemed more comfortable to me, reminded me of my old Town Car. But there is nothing like riding in the Mach 1 if you want a stiff suspension and want to feel the road. It's amazing how each of the three Mustangs have their own "personality", got to love them all! Check out the thread below from the Mach 1 Registry. Shows actual times and magazine ratings for the Mach. The times with the * on the end are stock Machs.

http://www.mach1registry.com/FAQ.htm#quartertimes

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just because a magazine says it ran 13.8 doesnt mean it does. LOL. Check out the magazine times for a stock mach from your own list....

My 2003GT with just Xpipe, catback and shifter ran 13.5. I would think the bullitt has a few more HP than that.

Rare Pony said:
Probably be a driver's race, with the Mach having a slight edge. Stock Mach's run in the low to mid 13's in the 1/4 mile. 08 Bullitt specs I've seen shows 13.8. Probably an auto Mach would be closer to the 08 Bullitt. They are a little slower in the 1/4. As far as "better", that's up to individual preferences. I have an 01 Bullitt, an 04 Auto Mach, and test drove an 08 Bullitt for about 15 miles. The 08 Bullitt has a more refined ride, seemed more comfortable to me, reminded me of my old Town Car. But there is nothing like riding in the Mach 1 if you want a stiff suspension and want to feel the road. It's amazing how each of the three Mustangs have their own "personality", got to love them all! Check out the thread below from the Mach 1 Registry. Shows actual times and magazine ratings for the Mach. The times with the * on the end are stock Machs.

·
Car Whisperer
21,574 Posts
probably a driver's race. on the Mach 1 site, there have been some challenges with regular 197 GT's met and I think overall the Mach has won. Don't forget, approximately same HP and lighter weight. The 4V motor is still the top dog overall, that's why the GT 500 has the 4V in it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
dsg2003gt said:
Just because a magazine says it ran 13.8 doesnt mean it does. LOL. Check out the magazine times for a stock mach from your own list....

My 2003GT with just Xpipe, catback and shifter ran 13.5. I would think the bullitt has a few more HP than that.
What's your point? You think an 08 Bullitt would win hands down!LOL I said it would be a drivers race. How much data is there to support the 13.8 for an 08 Bullitt. Just trying to give brDofFire some data to go on for STOCK stangs.

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
Rare Pony said:
What's your point? You think an 08 Bullitt would win hands down!LOL I said it would be a drivers race. How much data is there to support the 13.8 for an 08 Bullitt. Just trying to give brDofFire some data to go on for STOCK stangs.
Mike, You are probably right. It would be driver's race.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ill race any stock.. mach1 13.8 lol iv broke 13.6s first time driveing it, on the track. thats with 1777 miles on it. i bet it will break 12s. stock on stock tires. but yes i agree driver will make the diffrence. driver to driver the bullitt by at lest 1-2 tenths. road race bullitt by alot. iv not had much problem beating mach1 with the 01bullitt and the 08 would smoke the 01 stock to stock.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hmmmm I own an 08 Bullitt. I've owned a 2003 Mach 1 (white) and a 2004 Mach 1 (red)...sold the white one after 16 months to buy a red one (I wanted red in the first place but pickings were slim when the Mach's first showed up in Cali in Dec 02.) On both cars I put a total of 37,000 miles on them so I feel I know the Mach WELL.

Road Corse--the Bullitt (01 or 08). The Mach 1 suspension was not 'tuned' for turning. The dampners (shocks) were actually set up to allowed the front end to go up quick and stay there longer while the reverse was true for the rears..get the butt end to squat down....

On the drag strip--as per above the Mach has the better suspension. Horsepower is the same (don't buy the 305hp Mach listing--big battle within Ford over this...with John Colletti freaking at anyone touching the Coabra name etc..the 03/04 Mach 1 engine made full HP at a 1000 rpms less then the 99 and 01 Cobra Motor. Although far from scientific- Dyno battles between stock Machs and stock nonblown (99 and 01) Cobras..the Mach usually puts out 2-4 RWHP more--it was kind of a Team Mustang FU to Colletti and comapny..they got the lower rating but actually put out as much if not a few ponys more.

So the drag strip--equal HP, lighter car, better drag suspension...You do the Math. Pure car with robots driving via computer--the Mach 1. But its probably close enough to be a driver's race.

·
Registered
14,863 Posts
well, my ex 07 shelby had no issues with mach-s BUT i can tell my bullitt (08)
is NOT quite as quick as my shelby was so...... drivers race in my opinion
and I haven't fully broken the bullitt in yet.... need those 2 at a sanctioned track to run heads up i think....

·
Registered
453 Posts
LeadFoot said:
Hey Mike....Nice House.
Thanks,the builder kept screwing around with us, but 17 months after signing the contract we moved it. We like the house a lot though, but wish the garage was bigger!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
As I recall the MT measures for the two S197 and the 03 Mach1 were in favor of the S197 Mustang on introduction. That was for the quarter mile and the skid pad. Of course when the Mach 1 was introduced they ran it against the 01 Bullitt, I suppose because there wasn't that much competition any longer. And as I recall the article said the Bullitt matched up very favorably in almost every way to the Mach 1. So, yes it would be a drivers race. If you can not drive (me) don't race (I don't race, ever). 8)

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
Here are a coupe of pics from the Shootout. I was paired a couple of times against a Mach during T/T. My first run I was paired against the blue Mach 1. I came out of the hole reasonably well but it started getting loose when I hit second and I backed out. Lost by a ton.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Traffic Asphalt

Next race I was paired with what I think was a stock Mach 1. He came out quicker than me (I suck) and from second gear on it was pretty even. I think he beat me by about 1 1/2 cars. I don't think he pushed it really hard but I wasn't launching very hard either.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Sports car

Drivers race?? Yeah but I would lean to the Mach. Lighter and almost the same HP. One smoking the other??? I don't think so. Don't bet the house.

As far as which handles better, I don't know. Which one rides better would depend on my mood. They are so different you can't really compare. Each has advantages and disadvantages compared to the other.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This is the kind of thread I really like...I like It when people get fired-up over which car is faster. Sounds like they are pretty close. Being new to Mustangs, I had no idea which is quicker. The Machs are really nice looking cars. Nice pictures, Charles.

·
Registered
85 Posts
texasbullitt said:
well, my ex 07 shelby had no issues with mach-s BUT i can tell my bullitt (08)
is NOT quite as quick as my shelby was so...... drivers race in my opinion
and I haven't fully broken the bullitt in yet.... need those 2 at a sanctioned track to run heads up i think....
was it a shelby gt or gt500? if it was just the gt. they are slower than the new bullitt, i tested both i could tell a big diffrence 0-60. i also pulled one from a 40mpg kick by 5 cars. but never know :lol:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.