Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello,

just traded in the above two cars for a hg 08 bullitt, #0463. the bullitt was purchased at msrp, even though it had a 10k markup, in s. cal. options on the bullitt included the useless to me, shaker 1000, ambient lighting, and hid's. so far, i've only put on 120 miles in a drive to the mountains today.

ed

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
how does it compare to what you got rid of?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the b is certainly much more "civilized" than the other two were. ford did a great job minimizing the noise and especially the vibrations. it is very comfortable driving the b. i find the car to be very well built. the mach was more of a hot rod and the ride seems to be much harsher. as for the cobra, there is really no comparison as the cobra was a semi open track car. but driving the cobra with the stiff clutch and loud exhaust can be annoying at times, especially in heavy traffic. since the b is new, i haven't driven it that much to say i like it better than either of the two. but i sure do miss them and it wasn't an easy decision to make.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats. Almost in the same boat as You. I sold an 03 Cobra too make room for the B. Not to take anything away from the SN95. Still looking for the right 01 bullitt to present itself. the driving experience for me is night and day. Just wish the B came with a four valve and a few more horses. Congrats again:shine:

·
Registered
453 Posts
I bet that was a hard decision, 2 for 1. Enjoy the new Bullitt!

·
Registered
453 Posts
VicMark said:
Judging by your garage I'd say you are a huge Mustang fan!
I have a hard time letting go!!!!!!!! Owned the 73 since 1974!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
edw794 said:
hello,

just traded in the above two cars for a hg 08 bullitt, #0463. the bullitt was purchased at msrp, even though it had a 10k markup, in s. cal. options on the bullitt included the useless to me, shaker 1000, ambient lighting, and hid's. so far, i've only put on 120 miles in a drive to the mountains today.

ed

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.
You traded two of the hottest "old" style Mustangs for 1 new Bullitt? Unbelievable.
But whatever floats your boat is OK.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Man we have to go for a drive, Lets find a Mustang meet and grab some pictures, I'll have the wife drive the 07 and I'll bring the 01!!!Maybe take them up to McQueens hanger at Santa Paula?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
for those of you who can't believe i traded in those two cars for a bullitt...all i can say is i can't believe it either.

ed (stupid)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the mach i bought new in 03. it had 38k miles, was stock, and of course it was mint. never raced, abused, or dyno'd. color was azure blue.

i bought the cobra from a pp in july 07. it was a car he used for the open track at willow springs and as a daily driver. the car had 56k and was in excellent condition. mods were a chip, 4:10 gears, bassanni mid length headers and cat back, upr cai, roll bar, and brembo brakes. i clayed the car, installed a boost gauge, recharged the a/c, and put on new front brake pads. it was torch red.

i had both cars listed on the mach 1 reg, and svtperformance with hardly a nibble. since i saw a bunch of other similar models in the local autotrader for sale, i didn't bother spending the money to list them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I say your crazy =P, i love my 01' bullitt. My dad owns an 04' Mach 1 and i adore it too, i just cant really drive it too often...cops tend to follow a young kid (17) in a hot ride like that. The bullitt was like the perfect car, i love the stealthness of it. Havent had a single cop follow me since i been in it. And its still a hell of a ride. Had some kids from my highschool walk by me in teh school parking lot. The kid pointed to my emblems gave a huge grin and yelled for me to revv it up. Haha, but yeah man whatevr lifts your skirt, havent seen an 08' in person yet. But sounds like a hell of a bullitt. Hope you wont miss your Cobra and Mach too much!

·
Registered
212 Posts
A cobra and Mach 1 for a Bullitt? That would have never crosses my mind. Maybe the Mach plus cash but not the cobra dude. But like someone said, whatever floats your boat.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts