Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up an 03 Cobra hood this week. The guy says it has a Ford tag on it, so I assume it's factory Ford off aCobra and not aftermarket. Will this hood fit on my Bullitt? I've seen the pics of the Cervini's hoods, but I believe this is a Ford hood.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Talk to FL_Bullitt on here, he has an 03 cobra hood on his car. I saw his car this Saturday, and with the stock front bumper there is a bit more of a gap than with the stock hood. Not sure how it can be fixed, but I think there are some threads on here about this subject.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
as noted
fits, but leaves a gap between the bumper corners and hood

you can shim the hood up and help it

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah, if anyone's got pics of an OEM Cobra hood on the Bullitt, I would appreciate it. Is the gap issue because the GT/Bullitt bumper cover just has shorter grill posts? Just wondering if I should also try to get a Cobra bumper cover to solve the gap issue.

·
Registered
638 Posts
OEM Cobra hood/Aftermarket Cobra hood should have the same result with the gap. The Cobra hood itself is shorter than a GT hood and the Cobra grill posts are larger to fill in the gap.

Attached are some pics for you to compare.

Stock Cobra
Stock Mustang
And my Bullitt

Attachments

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, that's what I need. I see you removed your grille, I take it when I put the new hood on I won't be able to run my stock grille because of the gap ontop of it or the Mach1 grille delete either?

·
Registered
638 Posts
You can run a stock grill. Don't know how it will look. The first mod I did was the Mach 1 Grill delete. As you can see its still there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts