Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We made it home! (Eagle River, Ak) 10 days & 6k miles,(with a few detours. I'm still compiling all the data, best mileage=26.7 mpg, etc...(worst, 17.2). I love this car! So far the ONLY change I'd make is.......a telescoping steering wheel & reverse the positions of the cup holders & shifter. What a blast,I like driving this car so much I'm actually thinking of finding some studs and driving her year round! Have I got the record for longest trip so far ?
Daytona

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm thinking you do have the record.Man you needed a couple of oil changes on that trip!:lol: The cup holders are really crap bins I believe.:lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only one oil change, Twin Falls, Id. @ 3k, she's due another now. I really like the syn blend motorcraft, was thinking of going full syn but now I don't think so. One more stat, top speed=130mph, had room & pwr to go higher but she felt a little squirrely, maybe when I get a little more comfortable I'll see where she tops out at. Has anyone topped their 08 Bullitt yet?
Daytona

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow!!!
That's driving.
:)

·
Registered
969 Posts
daytonadave,

i've seen the needle at 140mph before i ran out of road. she had some more to give. quite a sensitive gal at that speed i might add. i really think that she could hit the 150 mark. 130 is smooth sailing though, huh?

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Does the Bullitt sound louder?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do think she has a little deeper rumble since we made it home. Got a few fuel stats: avg mpg=22.76, avg price per gal=$4.63 (canada avg=$5.76)-(US avg=$4.23) always highest octane available. I'm going to try regular now & see how that works out. This car is a GREAT road trip car! I've made this trip 3 times now, the other times I was all stiff & wore, not this time. I went straight to work fri (made it here thurs noon). One more thing, I DON'T recommend using a "bra" on the front end, it look good and I'm sure protected me on the gravel parts, but when I pulled it off......maybe a little rubbing compound will take care of things.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
daytonadave said:
We made it home! (Eagle River, Ak) 10 days & 6k miles,(with a few detours. I'm still compiling all the data, best mileage=26.7 mpg, etc...(worst, 17.2). I love this car! So far the ONLY change I'd make is.......a telescoping steering wheel & reverse the positions of the cup holders & shifter. What a blast,I like driving this car so much I'm actually thinking of finding some studs and driving her year round! Have I got the record for longest trip so far ?
Daytona
David,

Man there is No-Doubt that you know your Bullitt and how it drives after that "Little Trip" :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Great MPG also, Congrats on that !!!!!!!!!!

Terry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.