Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes,my Mustang neighbor,has forced the issue. We have this little drag strip competition going on and he has raised the bar,on his 2007 GT.
He is sending his Stang to Performance Autosport, in Richmond, for some big buck suspension and tune work,for better track times. So,the Bullitt will be getting some serious attention,and will emerge this Spring,in light weight fighting trim.
I will be doing all the work,putting a whole bag of my little secrets to work. Nothing will be done that can't be returned to stock...at some point. No additional horsepower making mods will be done,as most all the bolt-ons have been done over the years. Much attention will be focused on weight reduction and 60 ft. times.
Any mods will be well detailed to enhance the Bullitt's appearence and all around street/drag performance.
This is going to be fun!
Note...I found that the two rear floor mats,and the passenger side mat,weigh a total of 7 1/2 pounds! Gone now!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I'll bet the backseats and spare weigh-in collectively at over 100!

:lol:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back seat area weight reduction has been completed. It looks stock,but lighter! You have to keep some weight at the rear of the car. Rear spare,being aluminum,doesn't weight that much. The trick is to lighten up the front for better weight distribution.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Mus408 said:
Back seat area weight reduction has been completed. It looks stock,but lighter! You have to keep some weight at the rear of the car. Rear spare,being aluminum,doesn't weight that much. The trick is to lighten up the front for better weight distribution.
What are some of your plans to lighten the front? I am interested in this topic, but am on a budget, so the high dollar items will be out of bounds for me. (They are closing the facility I work at in 2 months, so this is not a good time for big expenditures):frown:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Wheels are a good place to reduce weight. For every 1 lbs of unsprung weight reduced is equal to 8 lbs of sprung weight if I recall correctly. I went with 19.9 lbs 18x9.5 rims and noticed a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts