Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the factory wheels and tires off an 07-08 GT 500 would work on a Bullitt? The rear axle is the same so I am assuming the rears would fit how about the fronts?

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
They should fit with no problem at all.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I was thinking but I wasn't sure if there were any differences in the front strut, spindle or rack that would cause problems!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
There's a crazy autocrossing guy on here with them... search.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I thought that you needed wheel spacers. Maybe that is just because of the Brembo brakes.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Nope, no wheel spacers needed.

Those are only necessary with stock wheels and GT500 brakes, and most all big brake kits.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Weird, he has a link in his Signature I think....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you talking about the guy a couple of posts down with the 27/45/18s on his stock wheels? He has photos posted with him auto crossing his Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yes! But they are 275/40's, not 45's I think.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Oh DAMN!

That means they aren't the gt500 wheels.... ughh... perhaps he has both?! I know I've seen them on an autocrossing Bullitt!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes the title of the post is 275/45/18s and he mounted 275/40/18s on his factory wheels. I was looking on flee/bay and there are several sets of take off wheels from I am guessing KR builds. Some of them are reasonable maybe and I was considering upgrading my wheels. I was originally looking to upgrade to the polished Bullitts but for the same money you can get bigger tire/wheel combo!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
And everyone knows,

BIGGER IS BETTER!!!

:badgrin:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has a pic of GT500 wheels & tires on a bullitt? I searched and did not find on any. Should look good with 285's on the rear.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was thinking about buying a set of the GT500 wheels for autocross. Then I could go to either 305/30 18 Kumho or 315/30 18 Hoosier. Also thinking about springs and a bigger rear sway bar. Of course that will move me out of F Stock into E Street Prepared. I saw on another forum where someone said they had 80 sets (I Think) of the GT 500 wheels with tires. Forgot where I saw it. when I find it again, I will post the link.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts