Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the possibility of getting either a new 08/09 Bullitt or a new 09 GT500 (vapor with black stripes). Want to know what folks think. The 08/09 Bullitt is 27K plus 6% tax for total of $28,620. The GT500 is 43,265 plus 6% tax for total of 45,860. I have driven an 08/09 Bullitt but I have not driven a GT500 but did take a ride in one. In this case the Bullitt is black but I think I can get a green one at another dealer for same price. Both prices are solid quotes from the respective dealers. If you had your choice, which would you buy?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Shelby GT500

·
Registered
627 Posts
Clancy is just saying "Shelby GT500", 'cause he's a cop... The Shelby is easier to spot. :badgrin:

Actually, if the Shelby didn't have all the "look at me" bits on 'em, I'd prefer the Shelby as well. I like the sleeper factor of the Bullitt.

:dhg08:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Its hard to beat the sweet sleeper look of the Bullitt, and I love the unique paint and wheels that other Mustangs just don't have plus I'm one of the only ones driving one around in my area which is why I went with this over a regular GT. BUT if I had the money.....

You bet I would have been driving that 5.4 Supercharged 500HP scream machine......

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
GT500
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
803 Posts
test drive both before you decide... Everyone I've known that drove the gt500 said it's very front heavy... you might like that or not. I like the balanced feel of the bullitt. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Are these our only choices? For instance you could modify the new Bullitt with supercharger and suspension that would kill the 500 for less money.

I can't think about the GT500 though without yearning for the new model. So cool looking, and 40 more stock hp for no more money. If it has to be the 500, I'd wait for the new one...

If it has to be now and the money is there (lucky dog!), Bullitt and mods.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Might want to check on the insurance. When I was getting an online quote on my Bullit, I accidently picked the wrong engine and the quoting system thought I wanted a quote on the GT500. Price went up about $2k on a 6 month policy!

Personally, I like the Bullit. I can appreciate the GT500, and a local mustang-nut friend of mine's got one, but I like the less flashy look of the Bullitt.

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
dennisbaker said:
I have the possibility of getting either a new 08/09 Bullitt or a new 09 GT500 (vapor with black stripes). Want to know what folks think. The 08/09 Bullitt is 27K plus 6% tax for total of $28,620. The GT500 is 43,265 plus 6% tax for total of 45,860. I have driven an 08/09 Bullitt but I have not driven a GT500 but did take a ride in one. In this case the Bullitt is black but I think I can get a green one at another dealer for same price. Both prices are solid quotes from the respective dealers. If you had your choice, which would you buy?
Dennis,

Looks like in Your Sig. you already own a 2001 Bullitt.

So, since it reads here like You have the Dollars to do whatever you want to..........

Speed........ GT 500

More Space, different ride, More HP, Updated over the last 7-8 Yrs. the Bullitt.

You could Buy the Bullitt and add a Blower, Cams, Kooks, etc and have a Sneaky-Fast-Bullitt

and it Out-Handle the GT 500 ........

Man, it is really a Toss-Up as to what You Personally like at this Point........

I like the Bullitt with Mods as it is Fast from the Factory and then when one adds the

Performance Mods to it......... Look-Out here I Come !!!!!!!!

Keep this in Mind....... Do the Blower at your Ford Dealer and the other FRPP Mods and

the Bullitt retains the Factory Warranty ....... A-Real-Plus IMO .........

Oh, and I have Ridden and Driven the GT-500 Shelby.........

So, I do know what they are like.........

Now if one could really reach out there and get their hands on the KR that would be cool .....

Good-Luck,

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Wait another couple months and get the new 2010 540 HP GT500!!
<BR>
<BR>

<BR><BR>

<BR><BR>

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really appreciate these thoughts from folks. I am going to try and drive the 500 this coming Saturday or Sunday. I do have to sell the 01 to pull this off and I have a guy (another Mustang nut) very interested in buying it. The idea of getting the 08/09 Bullitt for 27K and making some of the mods mentioned is very appealing. If I were to get the Bullitt, the MRT hood would be the first mod I would make followed by an aluminum drive shaft and a Brenspeed tune.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
That's a tough decision. I really like my Bullitt, but that's a great price on a GT500.....they really aren't in the same league.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
dennisbaker said:
I really appreciate these thoughts from folks. I am going to try and drive the 500 this coming Saturday or Sunday. I do have to sell the 01 to pull this off and I have a guy (another Mustang nut) very interested in buying it. The idea of getting the 08/09 Bullitt for 27K and making some of the mods mentioned is very appealing. If I were to get the Bullitt, the MRT hood would be the first mod I would make followed by an aluminum drive shaft and a Brenspeed tune.
Dennis check these Links out...........

I think these will be interesting to You.........

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162808&highlight=tigerhonaker+does+Dynotech+aluminum+driveshaft

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161204&highlight=Need+%28Factual%29+info+on+4%3A10+gears+%28Installed%29+%26amp%3B+Running%2C+NEW+Info+for+IMBOC+Members+%21

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160646&highlight=brenspeed+tune

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I'd get a very slightly used 08 Bullitt and that would save even more money. Then I'd mod the heck out of it and save yourself $10k and smoke any stock GT500 on the street. The insurance thing is a great point to consider as well!!!

But in all reality...this is my soap box speech (I give it to everybody)...don't buy anything unless you can pay in cash. Give yourself a monthly payment until you can walk in with cash in hand. I also wouldn't buy brand new since you're taking the initial big depreciation hit and that's just like burning money. OK...off soap box.

Whatever you do...enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Well, since I've already got my DHG 08, I'd:
fox1x said:
Wait another couple months and get the new 2010 540 HP GT500!!
But it would have to be Black on Black with stripe delete... :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts