Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts
Although the 500 is a super bada$$ car, I can think of a lot of things I could spent the extra 15grand on! Especially the fact that number one I love my Bullitt just the way it is, number 2 my Bullitt in it's stock form is more than liable to get me in serious trouble with my local magistrate court; I can't help but think that the extra horsepower could get me either killed or thrown in a corrections department for quite a while with the 500! I still say that Ford got it just right with the Bullitt, sublety, wheels, color, interior, performance, attitude, etc... It's more what muscle cars were originally meant to be like. Also, if I'm not mistaken the 500has an independent rear suspension right? I'd much rather have a standard diff in the back.

If you got the Bullitt and modded it, imagine the looks of faces of GT 500, 2010 Camaro, or Challenger SRT owners when you smoke them!

NM-Bullitt-5106 said:
Although the 500 is a super bada$$ car, I can think of a lot of things I could spent the extra 15grand on! Especially the fact that number one I love my Bullitt just the way it is, number 2 my Bullitt in it's stock form is more than liable to get me in serious trouble with my local magistrate court; I can't help but think that the extra horsepower could get me either killed or thrown in a corrections department for quite a while with the 500! I still say that Ford got it just right with the Bullitt, sublety, wheels, color, interior, performance, attitude, etc... It's more what muscle cars were originally meant to be like. Also, if I'm not mistaken the 500has an independent rear suspension right? I'd much rather have a standard diff in the back.

If you got the Bullitt and modded it, imagine the looks of faces of GT 500, 2010 Camaro, or Challenger SRT owners when you smoke them!
Nope, current shelbys have solid live axle. :) The older cobras had IRS. :) I feel the same way you do.

oldlugs said:
Clancy is just saying "Shelby GT500", 'cause he's a cop... The Shelby is easier to spot. :badgrin:

Actually, if the Shelby didn't have all the "look at me" bits on 'em, I'd prefer the Shelby as well. I like the sleeper factor of the Bullitt.

:dhg08:
Last time I wrote a ticket was literally 20 years ago, but look out for this guy:

I said SHELBY GT500 because he has the origional, a 2001, already and sounds like money is no object. The below reasons are why I have the Bullitt and opted out of buying a Shelby, which I'd love to have too:
1) It's a Bullitt (w/its retro looks)
2) Mid-Life Crisis pre-retirement gift to myself (my wife has her GT/CS)
3) Sleeper (note my plate does not obviously reference Bullitt)
4) Life is too short not to have another muscle car

One more thing. You better get the GT500 NOW! This is what the Administration will force Ford and other automakers to do by 2013:

If I were to do it again I would get the GT500 for its bigger displacement, forged internals, six speed trans and bigger brakes. Not to mention with the GT500 you can make some serious power without touching the block. With all I have spent on my Bullitt it still has the 4.6L stock internals block and the 5 speed trans by the time I upgrade my internals I am approaching that 15k savings pretty fast. But I love my Bullitt nonetheless.

Just my opinion

Showa

If money isn't an issue, I would go Shelby GT 500 only because the're faster, and more of a show off car. Personally for the money I would go another direction to go fast, but it's your choice.

Get the Toyota Prius, save gasoline, and recycle your old car!

Oops, I’m in the wrong place. I thought this was the "Friends of the Sierra Club Earth Liberation Whale and Dolphin Conservatory Ecological Restoration Network" Forum.

clancysbullitt0987 said:

Oops, I’m in the wrong place. I thought this was the "Friends of the Sierra Club Earth Liberation Whale and Dolphin Conservatory Ecological Restoration Network" Forum.

and discount house of worship

Discussion starter · #35 ·
I don't mean to give the impression that money is no object. Money is an object, not to mention my wife. I feel I am close to selling my 01 B so I want to be ready to move on the 08/09 B or the 500 if that happens. I just found out that the same dealer who has the 500 also has a DHG 08/09 Bullitt so I want to go drive both of them this weekend. I have 3.5 years of work left and then will be forced to retire as I am in what is called in Florida "the drop program." I am thinking I could get the 500 now and resell it in 3 or 4 years if I needed to.

500 has it's own wow factor. However, not everything revolves around horsepower. Drive them both and only then will you make up your mind. Since I've never driven a GT 500, I honestly couldn't tell you which one I'd pick. I don't think you can make such a huge purchase purely by bench racing.
I'd put $10 down that says he ends up buying the GT 500 though.
Here's why:
It's safe to say, all of us on this forum are muscle car guys. We like things that go fast in a straight line (for the most part) and make loud, low, grumbling noises. Also, we have an embedded to desire to amplify these properties (a la the GT 500), even if we don't always act on them. Let's face it, at one point or another, all of us have considered power add-ons. Stomping on the gas for the first time in the Shelby will most likely seal the deal.

clancysbullitt0987 said:

Isn't the Prius the preferred car of choice for "Drive-By" fruitings...?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.