Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - nothing much to update other than bought #1009 new and now has about 17K miles. All stock, same tires and new battery. I recall bringing my wife's Explorer in for routine maintenance on a Saturday morning and drove off in a new Bullitt. My friend who owned the dealership told me to take it for the day. Well, I pulled out of the lot knowing it was never coming back. It's a great car and just this past month on two occasions, people asked me what kind of Mustang it was and took a few pics. I'll keep it and glad no one else in the family knows how to drive and the grandkids are getting old enough to think it's cool.

·
Premium Member
14,403 Posts
It's January of 2021 and you're still driving on 2009 tires?? Danger, Will Robinson...DANGER! No matter how good the tread my look..Danger! Old tires harden, get brittle so to speak and are very prone to sudden failure. 5 years old is getting risky...over 10 years old is downright frightening. Please drive gently to the nearest tire shop and have them replaced. Assuming you don't do track days, I'd suggest a good all season highway tire in the stock 235/50 size.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's January of 2021 and you're still driving on 2009 tires?? Danger, Will Robinson...DANGER! No matter how good the tread my look..Danger! Old tires harden, get brittle so to speak and are very prone to sudden failure. 5 years old is getting risky...over 10 years old is downright frightening. Please drive gently to the nearest tire shop and have them replaced. Assuming you don't do track days, I'd suggest a good all season highway tire in the stock 235/50 size.
Thank you and tires ordered.

·
Premium Member
14,403 Posts
I'm a slow thinker,,,one thing I wish I'd done when I bought new tires was to get rid of the old tire pressure sensors mounted with a band to the center of the wheel. Evidently they are prone to failure. So far, I've been lucky.

Anyway, the newer valve stem sensors seem to be more reliable. So, at next tire change, I'll first ask the tire shop I use if they do the conversion. If they don't, I'll buy a complete kit like this, hoping that they come with good instructions on how to reprogram the car.

Mustang TPMS Full Mounting/Balancing Kit; 4 Wheels (07-09 All) (americanmuscle.com)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts