Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is at McRee Ford in Dickinson, Texas (Houston). A fine looking car!

The serial number is on the engine brace.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front shot. I thought I would not like the HID headlamps. I am over that. I will order my DHG with the HID option.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very polite of McRee Ford (Richard Salas) to call me specifically to have me look at the car, knowing full well I am only interested in DHG. Most of the other salesmen didn't even know the car was on the lot yet, but only because Richard was tracking this car for me. I'll be placing my order this week before I head overseas for work, and hopefully will take delivery when I get back in 6 weeks.

The car is only being offered at MSRP. With the options that comes to $32,465. Richard did show the incentive packages. They are minimal. The biggest incentive was for those who are in the military, active duty only. The incentives ranged from $100 to $1,000. This one came with ambient lighting at $295, HID at $525, Sirius at $195.

It's a beauty. For some reason, something tells me that these black Bullits will become more of a hot item than the DHG. What do guys think?

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
The ratio so far is way on the HG side. I would say probably 3-1 orders will be about right. But for those not as interested in the movie connection it will be one mean looking car with it lowered and side louvers.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
droopysbullitt said:
The ratio so far is way on the HG side. I would say probably 3-1 orders will be about right. But for those not as interested in the movie connection it will be one mean looking car with it lowered and side louvers.
Yeah, agreed. I mean I think there will always be more orders for the DHG, including mine. But I am thinking 20 years down the road, guys who just start to look at this stuff will say, "yep, that black one was the one to get!".

On the height, I think I read somewhere that it has been lowered about 5 centimeters or so. Because I will also be using the car to haul my motorcycle, I actually wish it was a little higher, like the '68 Bullitt. Speaking of, anybody know what the drawbar pull is on the this car or the GT?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Black is my colour of choice usually, but with this car I had to order HG. Green is not may favourite colour for a car at all, but if it has to be green, dark green is much preferred.
I think in the future the blacks will have the same small draw as they do now. Only those who wan to own "1 of 300" (or whatever the final production will be) will be excited about going for a black '08 Bullitt. In other words, a novelty.
In the future, a 'Bullitt' for anyone with collectibility in mind will have to be HG

I wonder how many Black Bullitts are actually now being ordered by individuals as opposed to dealers?

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I'm really not interested in the value of the car in 20 years, nor it's popularity.
I'm interested in what this car is going to do for me now!
I got the HG because I wanted it to be a true '68 tribute car.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Whammer said:
I'm really not interested in the value of the car in 20 years, nor it's popularity.
I'm interested in what this car is going to do for me now!
I got the HG because I wanted it to be a true '68 tribute car.
Exactly, the car has to be HG

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ditto... only HG for me. The Black is mean looking definitely. But, I think in the future, people will be drawn more to the green cars b/c they are the "true" bullitt cars (unless you want the villian color, haha). I don't think color will do much for "value" of a car as most think. You just have to think what the people will think about it down the road if you want to figure value... Look at shelby... people like you and me used to be able to afford a classic shelby. Once many people learned his name and saw the look... "values" skyrocketed b/c everyone wanted a shelby, so people were willing to pay more.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RCSignals said:
...I wonder how many Black Bullitts are actually now being ordered by individuals as opposed to dealers?
Yep. I'd like to see the stats on that also. But like I said, now that I have seen the black one, I'll still take the DHG unseen.

By the way guys, I sure like the way they finished the dash on the car. Really cool! I felt like I was a kid again in my uncle's machine shop.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
This is like Groundhog Day...listening to you guys discuss green vs black.

Good stuff!

:lol:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cochese said:
This is like Groundhog Day...listening to you guys discuss green vs black.

Good stuff!

:lol:
Haha! Don't get me started. Though I am ordering a DHG, I would prefer a tan leather interior instead of black. Kinda like when we used to wear Pinks & Greens in the US Army back in the good 'ol days :smile:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have enough trouble keeping the DHG clean, Black would look nice but shows dirt quicker.

·
Car Whisperer
20,789 Posts
Don;t like the radio antenna on the trunk though. Too big.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts