1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Car companies over the years have always marketed HP on the lower side, while foreign cars typically market their HP on the high side.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was wondering about this. Don't most cold air intakes typically produce around 20-30 extra HP? If Ford's sealed CAI design is a noticeable improvement over a typical CAI setup, I would think the Bullitt would make way more than 15HP over a stock GT...

·
Charles
13,299 Posts
Wolfsburg said:
I was wondering about this. Don't most cold air intakes typically produce around 20-30 extra HP? If Ford's sealed CAI design is a noticeable improvement over a typical CAI setup, I would think the Bullitt would make way more than 15HP over a stock GT...
Not near that much. They just advertise they will.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Great torque #'s. The 3 valve is very responsive to mods.

Our Roush when stock dynoed at 258hp and ET at 13.72 @ 101mph

Then after- C&L intake, UD pullies, catted hi-flow x-pipe, 3.73's and tune

304hp/305tq and ET at 13.28 @ 103mph on stock 275x40x18 BFG KD's on huge 18x10 wheels all round.

The '08 Bullitt could be a wolf in sheeps cloth 8)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just thought that was pretty impressive. What were the final real hp numbers on the 01's?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
fromthecoast said:
Did anyone see the article in Muscle Mustangs that shows the new Bullitt putting down 288 to the wheels? If that is the case, then the new Bullitt must produce 330-340 at the flywheel (given a 12-15% drivetrain loss). Ford advertises 315hp, looks like there is more there than meets the eye. Just a tune away from 300 rwhp.

Here's the link http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/mmfp_071106_2008_ford_bullitt_mustang/index.html
Yep ... just put on the O/R exhaust and pull that anti-fume filter (sorry ... I don't know what they really call that filter ... kind of honey-combed looking filter) you should have slightly more than 1 HP per cubic inch.

Add one of those aluminum-steel hybrid flywheels and you're gettin' even better.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's already putting out well over 1 hp per cube, but I see what you are saying.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
fromthecoast said:
It's already putting out well over 1 hp per cube, but I see what you are saying.
I was referring to the 288 HP stated below. I meant more of a pronounced HP per cubic inch.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
It sounded really good when I first read this, and it is still a good number. But figure the 01's typically put out an average somewhere around 232-235 on a dynojet. The 08 is advertised at 315, 50hp more than the 01's 265hp, so pretty close to 50 more to the tires would be expected.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them brake 300rwhp pretty easily with a few mods. Getting a number like that out of a 2V is, well, a little more work :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
01GTB said:
I wouldn't be shocked to see them brake 300rwhp pretty easily with a few mods. Getting a number like that out of a 2V is, well, a little more work :)
yes see post #6

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
fromthecoast said:
I just thought that was pretty impressive. What were the final real hp numbers on the 01's?
as noted just about, someone said mid 230s

I have seen numbers from 230 to about 245. Most are mid thirties or low 40s.
Mine did 247 with a midpipe & K&N, SAE corrected. That's the other thing... make sure you're comparing SAE as if I didn't use that, I would be well into the 250s :D

woah, I just looked at the 08 dyno. That looks to be NOT SAE corrected. So take off some of those numbers!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Hmm..... How about the Bullitt 3V engine swap into the 2001. Have the extra power,with the lighter aluminum block! Can't afford another Bullitt,but maybe the engine upgrade!

·
Registered
774 Posts
What is the weight difference between the 01 and the 08. Some of the extra horse power might be lost in the power to weight ratio.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mus408 said:
Hmm..... How about the Bullitt 3V engine swap into the 2001. Have the extra power,with the lighter aluminum block! Can't afford another Bullitt,but maybe the engine upgrade!
You are kind of evil...

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
fromthecoast said:
Did anyone see the article in Muscle Mustangs that shows the new Bullitt putting down 288 to the wheels? If that is the case, then the new Bullitt must produce 330-340 at the flywheel (given a 12-15% drivetrain loss). Ford advertises 315hp, looks like there is more there than meets the eye. Just a tune away from 300 rwhp.

Here's the link http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/mmfp_071106_2008_ford_bullitt_mustang/index.html
If this is the case,what does the Shelby GT/Ford Racing package put to the rollers, with it's 325 HP rating?
Are they trying to say that the Bullitt engine tune is greater than the Shelby? Should the Shelby be a touch quicker,in acceleration and with a 3.73 gear, than the Bullitt?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Mus408 said:
I have wondered about that also until I saw what GBOGER did in swapping a 5.4 in to his 2001. VERY MOTIVATING INDEED.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I personally saw my car put down 230 hp and then saw the 08 put down 264, 264, and 265 in three runs. Both my car and the 08 had driven 1 hr to get to the dyno, cooled down for about 1 hr, and the temp was around 90 degrees. 288 sounds high for a stock 08 Bullitt.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts