Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this guy who looked at an 08 Bullitt with 2200 miles on it. He said the owner needs to sell it. The car just needs a real good cleaning. Recent ding in front bumper but can be easily fixed. The car drives great. The car stickered for a little over 31K new. The guy who looked at it thinks he can buy it for 23000. Do you think he should go for it?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Odviously all cars depreciate, depending on age and miles, some just more than others. A car is only worth what a buyer will pay and the seller accepts. (Reality)

·
Registered
312 Posts
An '08 just ended the other day on eBay for under $22k. They have really dropped lately. There are three more on my watch list ending soon that haven't hit twenty grand yet.

I told myself when I decided to hold off on the '08 that I'd get one when low mileage models can be had for under $20k. Looks like I may be shopping a LOT sooner than I thought. Just gotta finish the '65 and talk the wife in to it...

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am sure you all know that the "he" in beginning of this thread is "me." I guess when the owner told me he had an offer of 22K on the table I got a little excited thinking I could get it for 23K. Apparently I got a little over excited. By the way, when taking his car for a drive I was just amazed at how smooth it is compared to my 01. That is not a dig on our 01s but I am just saying that it takes a lot of effort (e.g. feathering the clutch, sometimes double clutching, etc) for me to make my 01 come remotely close to the smoothness of the 08. However, I love my 01.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I know someone that just last week drove off the lot brand new in an 08 for 26,000. Can you believe that???

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Cars are not selling - any dealer will accept a reasonable and fair offer.

Not 6 months ago the '08 Bullitt was selling at window or a little above.
Dealers have been paying "floor plan" expenses since day one .

Anything under $27,000 for brand new should be considered a great deal.
Except if you are Clark Howard who does not believe anybody deserves to make a small profit on anything.

$23,000 for slightly used ?
Good deal - it's a Bullitt for heaven's sake!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.