Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

They mention a possible color of red. I hadn't heard that before. I don't know about that.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4fit? said:
Uh, the article says that car in the movie was a 67?
Just another reason not to take it too seriously. Hot Rod should know better, but I've caught them in other obvious errors.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
red would kill a % of coolness about the car.

it would also just be freaking retarded, and the outcast, if the only other colors are blue, black, and the REAL color of DHG ;) lol

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Black, red and white would be great colors for the new Bullitt.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ezekial said:
red would kill a % of coolness about the car.

it would also just be freaking retarded, and the outcast, if the only other colors are blue, black, and the REAL color of DHG ;) lol

IIRC, DHG is no more the real color than True Blue or black. Now if it was Highland Green. . . =)

·
Registered
372 Posts
What about this idea? Offer the Bullitt performance package on cars? You could get the upgraded performance/handling/brakes of the Bullitt but w/o the badging and/or unique numbering. Similar to the Z51 package offered on Corvettes?

·
Premium Member
18,830 Posts
Red? Hmmm...

Off topic: Regarding Hot Rod Magazine...doesn't Dave Freiberger (sp?)...(I'm not sure if he is or was the Editor-in-Chief or something along those lines)...of Hot Rod Magazine own a 2001 Bullitt?

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
I don't fancy red at all and I don't think that will happen

However it is closer to the real colour, ie Flesh as the Real Bullitt was
Lt Frank Bullitt a character in a movie.............

I hope they do a flesh car with a tweed jacket for a hood ! ! ! !

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I think red, white, funk-pink options etc., are totally unnecessary (nothing relating to the movie whatsoever). DHG, black, and blue would be good (preferrably DHG and black only).

If they do jump it to 325 NET horses I might change my mind about it, but if they dont give us a special hood also then NO DEAL. Preferrable would be the turn-signal hood and gray wheels instead of black wheels.

I wish we could get a balanced, forged bottom-end if they use the 4.6 engine (least they can do for limiting us to a small-block) and tuned headers.

To add my own personalization I would go with the current GT/CS front bumper, oil cooler, and fog lamps (lamps due to road/weather hazards only). I think a special steering wheel is also in order.

I hope we can choose a 3.55 - 3.73 gear in a rear posi.

Just my 2 cents anyway ...

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Mustangs in red have always been a terrific color.

I currently drive a red '94 GT,have owned two red stangs in the past and have rarly seen a bad looking red Mustang [ we're talking real red not Lazer red, calypso red, etc. ]

IMHO a Bullitt Mustang should be DHG only. Its the color that has always identified
the car.

When we have been asked about the origin of the 2001 car I'll bet most of us have
asked " do you remember the GREEN Mustang in the movie Bullitt? "

It's never do you remember the Mustang with the 390, or the fastback Mustang or even the Mustang with the mag wheels - it's been the color.

I conceed that the guys who own the Black cars have done such a good job of making that color cool for a Bullitt that black could also be offered.

Not red, not white, not pink ........

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Please dont read me wrong ... Red and Calypso Coral are great Mustang colors, I just dont think they belong on a BULLITT edition.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
English Bob ... (ROFLMAO)

Bob,

I think you've been hittin' the STRONGBOW a little too hard Brother ... (ROFLMAO):lol:

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
English Bob said:
However it is closer to the real colour, ie Flesh as the Real Bullitt was
Lt Frank Bullitt a character in a movie.............

I have to disagree with you Bob. The seats need to be the items that are tweed. Blue headlights (the eyes) and don't forget the brown wheels and tires (shoes). Now you're talking!! I'll order two, just like your picture.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
For me...i wud like to see a silver Bullitt..no hood stripes...please.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
I have to disagree with you Bob. The seats need to be the items that are tweed. Blue headlights (the eyes) and don't forget the brown wheels and tires (shoes). Now you're talking!! I'll order two, just like your picture.
Can anybody photoshop me up a car to look like Steve McQueen ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts