Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the following info regarding the 08 numbering plates:

The plates are numbered on the assembly line before being put on the car. There is a machine that provides the next sequential number (yes consecutive order) as the next Bullitt comes down the line along with the VIN. They are lazer etched into the Bullitt plate. The plates will be impossible to duplicate, but why is a trade secret.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Interesting. Good info.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Greg, thanks for the information. I would of thought that the brace supplier would of etched them and than shipped them into AAI in sequence. Did you obtain any information on why there appears to be a gap in the numbering sequence? Did someone at AAI press a '2' instead of a '1'? :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
My thanks to whomever provided you with this info. I had images in my head of someone outside the assembly building freezing their fingers as they installed plates they had just numbered.

I would guess that those missing cars are still intransit, on dealership lots, etc.

·
Administrator
6,221 Posts
Thanks, Greg - it would be interesting to see what the current count is at this time.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Allowing for the two week down time they have been in production less than a month and we are at 2300. I would say if ordered, they will have finished the 7700 run by late March. Sounds like they have completed the 700 run for Canada already.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I'm interested on what the "trade secret" is that makes the plates impossible to duplicate. Kind of like when we all went on the search for the second "hidden" sticker on the '01's.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I doubt we will be told. Same goes for the holigram numbers on the 01s. The production and name of the company is still not been revealed. I was told there is an additonal verification somewhere else on the 08s. What it is and location is unknown. Happy hunting!! :D

·
Registered
417 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
The plates are numbered on the assembly line before being put on the car. There is a machine that provides the next sequential number (yes consecutive order) as the next Bullitt comes down the line along with the VIN. They are lazer etched into the Bullitt plate. The plates will be impossible to duplicate, but why is a trade secret.

Interesting info! It makes me wonder whether or not a registered Bullitt owner could order a replacement Bullitt plate in the event the original gets damaged or stolen...

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
I was told there is an additonal verification somewhere else on the 08s. What it is and location is unknown.
Maybe one of the '08 owners can look in the obvious place (same as the '01), under the rear seat on the drivers side.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If they are in consecutive order how then do we explain, #167216 built jan. 9, 2008 having Bullitt number 0837. When Bullitts #161508 and #161844, both built Jan. 2,2008 have numbers 2246 and 2266 ??????????? :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
eecdoc said:
If they are in consecutive order how then do we explain, #167216 built jan. 9, 2008 having Bullitt number 0837. When Bullitts #161508 and #161844, both built Jan. 2,2008 have numbers 2246 and 2266 ??????????? :rolleyes:
can't explain it but this is info is direct from the vehicle badging folks.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
I doubt we will be told. Same goes for the holigram numbers on the 01s. The production and name of the company is still not been revealed. I was told there is an additonal verification somewhere else on the 08s. What it is and location is unknown. Happy hunting!! :D
Well, it can now be told. I will now reveal the source of the 01 Holograms...

It was me. I did them all for Ford with my $99 Epson Inkjet. How did they turn out?

:-D

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Martimus said:
Interesting info! It makes me wonder whether or not a registered Bullitt owner could order a replacement Bullitt plate in the event the original gets damaged or stolen...
I was told no.

"If the strut tower brace is damaged enough to ruin the plate then any prospective buyer deserves to know why the badge isn't on the car. As Enthusiasts we look at this as a way of protecting buyers from vehicles with major damage and owners of existing vehicles to prove the originality of their vehicles. We also looked at the way that many other specialty manufacturers deal with the number plates on cars and we found VERY few cases in which you could obtain a reproduction plate. Additionally there will be no way for someone to reproduce the laser etching in the badge even if they did get a blank badge."

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
eecdoc said:

YES! Somethin' ain't right.

They must not know that there are more than a thousand missing 08 Bullitts stashed somewhere. The VINs tell the story!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
They have been numbered in sequence. The machine does the work so no numbers to punch in. There are 1500 more Bullitts out there somewhere.
and the magic question. . .where are they Ford??????????

1 - 20 of 41 Posts