Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you can get your rail car info from your dealer you can track it online at least if you are west of the Mississippi. Go here: http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp

And type in your rail car number.

East coast should be CSX This is a phone system since you have to register to do it on line.
Trace rail cars with Touch Trace: dial 1-877-ShipCSX (1-877-744-7279), option 5, option 3.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Its really too bad that Union Pacific doesn't allow tracking by VIN. Given that my dealer is rather challenging when it comes to getting tracking information I'd love an alternative to asking, waiting, and ultimately not getting! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
493 Posts
My dealer can't find where he gets rail car information from. Can anyone give that to me so I can give him an assist with it? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
RoadDawg831 said:
My dealer can't find where he gets rail car information from. Can anyone give that to me so I can give him an assist with it? Thanks!!!
Stopped by my dealer yesterday. He had a multi-page printout of what appeared all the Ford's they had on order with a status for each. One column was clearly designated "Rail Car Number." If this doesn't help, let me know and I'll get more detail for you.

·
Registered
493 Posts
MustangSallie said:
Stopped by my dealer yesterday. He had a multi-page printout of what appeared all the Ford's they had on order with a status for each. One column was clearly designated "Rail Car Number." If this doesn't help, let me know and I'll get more detail for you.
Thanks much Sallie! The dealer was able to track down that railcar number and they phoned it in to me this morning.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Anyone know what a typical rail car number looks like? Going to dealers tomorrow to try and see why my delivery date moved from the 17th to the 28th. Want to know what to look for. Thanks

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
127bull said:
Anyone know what a typical rail car number looks like? Going to dealers tomorrow to try and see why my delivery date moved from the 17th to the 28th. Want to know what to look for. Thanks
It will be a three or four-digit Alpha code, followed by a four to seven digit number.

Examples:

CSX 45693
TFM 131259
AHTX 4269
KCS 35197

I deal with the railroad a lot in my job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts