Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received in the mail today + a positive review..

13.29 @ 105.29 weighing in at 3,650lbs w/driver and 1/4 tank of fuel

·
Registered
65 Posts
thats BA i knew the new ones would out preform the new RT chargers

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I just got my issue aswell! Great write up, but there is a little 01 bashing going on in there..

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Black4592 said:
I just got my issue aswell! Great write up, but there is a little 01 bashing going on in there..
Yeah,let's beat up on the poor old 2001 Bullitt....the original idea that started all this madness!
Atleast my old,outdated Bullitt is paid for. Don't need,want,or can afford any BIG car payments,to pay for the latest hot dig! Be,somewhat, retired next year!!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Mus408 said:
Yeah,let's beat up on the poor old 2001 Bullitt....the original idea that started all this madness!
Atleast my old,outdated Bullitt is paid for. Don't need,want,or can afford any BIG car payments,to pay for the latest hot dig! Be,somewhat, retired next year!!
What was said about the '01 (it might be a few days before I can pick up this issue?)

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
FordFan said:
Just received in the mail today + a positive review..

13.29 @ 105.29 weighing in at 3,650lbs w/driver and 1/4 tank of fuel

I'll bet no one here will be able to get those kind of times from an off the lot stock Bullitt. Something about those preproduction test cars!

·
Registered
49 Posts
13.29 for the '08 as shown here.
13.59 for the '01 as tested in MM&FF. http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/138_0308_cobra_mach1_bullitt_comparison/index.html

Anyone who has ever drag raced, or watched drag racing knows that this difference (.30) may be a blink of an eye. As always, the '01 Bullitt continues to be the most underrated Mustang of all time.

I would like to see handling and braking tests also. Maybe I will pick up that issue.

Also, IMHO there is not contest which one looks superior, the '01 hands down.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mus408 said:
I'll bet no one here will be able to get those kind of times from an off the lot stock Bullitt. Something about those preproduction test cars!
Acutually our '06 ROUSH w/3.73's & stock rubber has run a best 13.28 at only 103mph.

My 1985 GT ran 13.00's @ 106 on street rubber w/3.73's

So I believe there's a possiblity that a new Bullitt owner running 105mph could improve on the times that M&FF laid down.
Oooorrr bring it by my place and I'll give it a try ;)

--------------------------------

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
FordFan said:
Acutually our '06 ROUSH w/3.73's & stock rubber has run a best 13.28 at only 103mph.

My 1985 GT ran 13.00's @ 106 on street rubber w/3.73's

--------------------------------
What else have you,in that 1985?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Jeff Sherrod said:
13.29 for the '08 as shown here.
13.59 for the '01 as tested in MM&FF. http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/138_0308_cobra_mach1_bullitt_comparison/index.html

Anyone who has ever drag raced, or watched drag racing knows that this difference (.30) may be a blink of an eye. As always, the '01 Bullitt continues to be the most underrated Mustang of all time.

I would like to see handling and braking tests also. Maybe I will pick up that issue.

Also, IMHO there is not contest which one looks superior, the '01 hands down.
That's more like what I was thinking. When I got my 01 18 mos ago, I also recieved several of the magazines with the tests and comparisons of other Mustangs, to include Mach 1 and Cobras. In a couple of instances the Bullitt outperformed the supposedly superior performance Stang! So, like Scott Hoag said " The mission of the Bullitt is a low profile performance Mustang that can punish any challenger." -Or something like that! (Please excuse me if I slightly misquoted Scott, but that is the jist of what he said). I think that the 08 is a significantly nicer and probably better car to drive in. However, I do not think that it is considerably better number wise than the 01. IMHO, anyone panning the 01 for performance statistics just is misinformed about the 01s capabilities.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Mus408 said:
What else have you,in that 1985?
I installed a GT40 crate motor from Ford Motorsport, a few months before the introduction of the 93 Cobra Mustangs. I only broke 2 T-5's before selling the car.... My brother in turn purchased a 93 Cobra that year and ran 13.73 right off the showroom with less then 100 miles on it. Thankfully it came with the Heavy Duty Tremac so he never had trans problems even after the install of a paxton that move the car to the tune of 12.20's

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BigBullitt said:
What was said about the '01 (it might be a few days before I can pick up this issue?)
"Ford's '01 Bullitt packed a special intake, 265 hp, and a host of retro-styled options. The '08 more closely capture the essence, though, due to the resemblance in styling, although it packs every modern creature comfort and better performance than the '01 or 390-powered Stang could dream of."

------------------

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nothing special about the media cars

Mus408 said:
The performance measured by MM&FF is what you'll get in any production level Bullitt. There is no difference in performance between the 1PP and Job1 cars (promise!) 13.29 isn't too shabby!

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
FordFan said:
"Ford's '01 Bullitt packed a special intake, 265 hp, and a host of retro-styled options. The '08 more closely capture the essence, though, due to the resemblance in styling, although it packs every modern creature comfort and better performance than the '01 or 390-powered Stang could dream of."

------------------
I don't really see any bad mouthing in that quote. Does the 08 look more like the 68 yes. does it have more power and better equipment yes. He didn't trash our cars. .

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
droopysbullitt said:
I don't really see any bad mouthing in that quote. Does the 08 look more like the 68 yes. does it have more power and better equipment yes. He didn't trash our cars. .
I agree, don't shoot the messenger ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts