Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
info from ford on the new 08 bullitt...

Airwolf said:
Yes this is real, i just recieved this information from our Ford regional rep. This is what some have been hoping for, and what some have not been hoping for. But this is what the 2008 Bullitt will be.

2008.5 Mustang Bullitt

Performance Modifications

FR Power Pack ~ 312HP

Shock/Strut Tuning

Strut Tower Brace

Upgraded Steering System

Red Brake Calipers

3:73 Axle Ratio

X-Pipe Exhaust w/Bright Exhaust Tips

Interior Actions

Unique Sport Seating

Unique Sill Plate

Bright Metal Trim & Unique Shifter

Exterior Actions

Available In Highland Green Or Black

Unique Grill V6 Style (w/o Fog Lamps)

Rear Faux Gas Cap w/Bullitt Logo

Cap Surround Painted Charcoal Gray

18" Bullitt Style Wheel

Red Brake Calipers

Price/Volume/Timing

$TBD MSRP

Program Length: 6 Months

Total Volume: 7,000 US, 700 Canada

Allocation TBD

Consumer Focus

Appeals to enthusiasts who recall Bullitt Mustangs of the past and customers who have a preference for a unique GT appearance package.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=65257

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
nice

wished it had more motor, but sounds reasonable

I jsut hope there are plenty of visual ques like the 01 Bullitts. At the moment, only the gas lid and grill are noted with no other body mods.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wish it had a unique hood, grill delete(like the 03 mach 1) and new free flowing heads. hopefully the new bullitt will only be 32k or less.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
yep, i want to know more about suspension and torque.
also, ford could EASILY have made it AT LEAST an even 325 HP if they had wanted to do the "right thing"
Marty

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
PS: Thanks Airwolf!!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Cool, but I could do without the "unique" gas cap...............but then I said the same thing about my `01.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
They are making 7,700 of em? geez, more than the 01' and we should have gotten 3:73.1 gears not the crap we have now. grrrrr idk, its probobly just me but i still wish they wouldnt do it.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
It's about what I suspected would be done as a special package. And the 312 h.p. is probably what the Shelby GT has, but was advertised as 325 h.p. I kind of suspected that 325 was too good to be true for a simple bolt on dealer modification. Seems to me that most folks that are into the Bullitt are either interested in just a commemorative edition out of the box (like I am), or someone that it interested in personnalizing it to what they think it should be. In the latter scenario whatever the factory puts out it's going to be changed anyway, so why cross that street? It sounds good, and I'm sure there will be after market parts available to snaz-up the exterior trim if what you get is too subtle...;-)

BTW, I wouldn't be averse to black Bullitt wheels if it's truely Highland Green. Black wheels with black paint wouldn't be bad either. :)

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Does this mean my little True Blue will be even more rare, since they are only making Green and Black?

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Is there any news about the engine intake? Will the engine look like a stock GT/Shelby GT with a plastic intake manifold?

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Except for the brake calipers, it seems that the new Bullitt will definitely look like the 05 Motor Trend car that we saw in SF last year.

Will the car be Highland green, not Dark Highland green?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Not enough added content to sell my '01 Bullitt for it. What is with Ford and their "drippy faucet" horsepower allocations?!!! Any other special edition has to have less than the gold plated,holy watered, Shelby blessed, Shelby GT??!!

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
:lol: Sell the existing Bullitt??? No way, just need to add to the fleet :rotfl:

Thanks

Bud

Mus408 said:
Not enough added content to sell my '01 Bullitt for it. What is with Ford and their "drippy faucet" horsepower allocations?!!! Any other special edition has to have less than the gold plated,holy watered, Shelby blessed, Shelby GT??!!

1 - 20 of 164 Posts