Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see alot of new bullitts on ebay. At first they were selling them before they even had them. Now the ones I have seen lately are pics in the showroom, I thought they were going to come out in or around spring? Does anyone have a 08 yet. The more I look at it the more I want one. I cant wait to see it in person.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
They started building them Dec.3rd- so they are just now starting to trickle into showrooms.
I expect mine will arrive the end of Jan. Meeting with the dealer this morning so I should know a bit better after that.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Just back from the dealership. We looked up his vehicle orders and beside my Bullitt was the word "Bucked". Which, from what I understand, means that it's in the final stage, you cannot change anything on the car (color, options, etc.).
Showed a build for the week of Dec.31 and an arrival date at the dealer of Jan.14.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
I remember when my 01 was "bucked." Pretty soon it will say " as of ___ RELEASED!" Then it will say "as of ____ Released to convoy carrier" and the next, "as of ____ shipped via rail carrier." (assuming they ship the cars to Canada via railroad.)

Back then, we were given a VOPC voice actived phone number to call and we could get the information ourselves instead of going through the dealership. :) I don't think they will do that anymore...

If you get your Dealership # you can go to BNSF.com (assuming your B will be shipped Burlington Northern Santa Fe,) and put in the dealer # and BNSF will tell you where your car is on the train and the next stop and the next, etc. Anyway, that is what we did back in 01 to trace our cars on the railroad to our home town. :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
I can't see why FMC would be supplying dealers before customers that have placed orders. This scenario is what has happened to me. My dealer is not a large Mustang "volume" dealer to have MY order built. My order will be cancelled after Christmas and FMC has lost my bassness and my family business forever.
The customer is not FMC priority anymore.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I know, first information that came out said that special orders were getting filled first. Well, I guarantee I ordered mine before most dealerships even knew about the car and the order hasn't even been pulled yet! So, all the lower number cars are going to dealers... fantastic.

·
Registered
26 Posts
bullitt677, the reason they are supplying the dealers has to do with the way the dealers are ordering. Dealers know that FMC will build and deliver customer orders first and therefore the dealer will order with fake names!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I don't know, we have a couple of dealer guys on TMS and from what both of them were told, Ford would be supplying custom orders first and dealer orders wouldn't come in until actual 2008. If I had to bet, I'd say that these dealers did pick these up with fake names...

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Well I would like mine to get here as quick as possible- which is actually kind of pointless because it's winter time and the car is just going to sit in my garage for 4 months.

·
Registered
343 Posts
No fake names. Just FMC way of screwing customers. If you call customer service you will be suprised the phone numbers they give you "GT hotline", SVT, etc, they don't have a clue to answer a ?.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Me too... I know it's snowy. But I just want it safe and in my garage ready to run when it gets sunny. :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
No, FMC and I go back to 1967. I have always been a Ford man except for a short Mopar ans Olds stint. I have ordered my Ford and Mercs since 2001, with no problems. This order was placed the first day the order banks were open, I have the order number. But no VIN or build date. My dealer is a old friend and I trust him. Ford is giving priorty to larger dealers over customers.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yeah, I agree... totally sucks and really is not taking care of the customer.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I know of two dealers in WV that have Bullitts and they are not large dealers.

·
Registered
343 Posts
What is upsetting to me is that I ordered this car, not the dealer. He is the middle man, my name is who the car is built for. FMC is now using "Share of Nation" and "Select dealers" bean counters speake to fill a custormer order. I think the new Bullitt will be cancelled and I will drive 677 till its finished. But no FMC product except service on the 5 I own. When they need replacing it will not be FMC.
Back to Mopar or Toyoto.

·
Registered
803 Posts
rblack4405 said:
I know of two dealers in WV that have Bullitts and they are not large dealers.
They may not be large, but do they move cars in and out a lot? That is what determines it. If not, they may be others that are cheating the system to get ones.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
From what I understand the system is order based, doesn't matter who orders dealers or individuals. I don't think FMC looks to see if it was a individual order or dealer order.
Actually they do differentiate between dealer stock orders and retail sale orders.
My dealer had to enter my name etc for my order to be accepted.
I still don't have a VIN though.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts