Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

08 HG 0572 received its first award today...

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Cochese 
#1 ·
I went to an local auto show today with Sandra to look around, and I found myself surrounded by mostly Shelbys, with the ocassional Saleen and Roush Mustang, and nae a Bullitt in sight. That being the case, I couldn't resist the opportunity to show my car. The club was very happy to have it in the show, so they gave me a nice spot right next to a Marauder and a couple of Saleens.

Even though I didn't have the opportunity to detail the car, it still looked pretty good. A lot people checked it out and asked questions. Even though most people were attracted to the blingmobiles, I managed to get 2nd place in the Popular Vote Category!

See less See more
#5 ·
Congratulations, Ken!

(Nice to know it was okay that you hadn't detailed your Bullitt too.)

Steve

#10 ·
Ken: Congratulations on the award. In my view it is seldom that a Bullitt gets an award at car shows by popular vote so I personally think you should feel very good.

#11 ·
dennisbaker said:
Ken: Congratulations on the award. In my view it is seldom that a Bullitt gets an award at car shows by popular vote so I personally think you should feel very good.

Thanks Dennis. I feel pretty good about it, and I think that people were glad to see something different. I heard someone walking over say, "Ooh, look! There's one in green!"

Ironically, the car that beat me out for 1st place was an 07 Refire GT (similar to the one that I traded in).

#14 ·
insano said:
Congrats! Got any pics from the show to share?

Sorry Mike; we forgot to bring a camera. I hadn't anticipated showing and didn't expect such a big turnout. Next year I will definitely have pictures.

#16 ·
Well done, Ken!

Also, I was just at GEF (about 1 hour ago) and met your salesman (Mark F.) that sold you your 2008 Bullitt...he was telling me about your award.

:)

#18 ·
Cochese said:
Well done, Ken!

Also, I was just at GEF (about 1 hour ago) and met your salesman (Mark F.) that sold you your 2008 Bullitt...he was telling me about your award.

:)
Cool...too bad I didn't know you were going to be there, since I am only 12 miles away from there. Is that low miles 01 Bullitt that Englsh Bob spoke about at GEF? Mark is a cool guy. Did he tell you the story of how he had to teach me how to get the car home? :lol:

#19 ·
BB2008 said:
Cool...too bad I didn't know you were going to be there, since I am only 12 miles away from there. Is that low miles 01 Bullitt that Englsh Bob spoke about at GEF? Mark is a cool guy. Did he tell you the story of how he had to teach me how to get the car home? :lol:
Mark put me in contact (via his cell phone) with the owner of the ~30 miles on the clock 2001 Bullitt. The "new" 2001 Bullitt is not at GEF but is located at the 2001 Bullitt owner's home. Also, Mark DID tell me how he had to instruct you how to drive a manual. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.