Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
My thoughts after almost a week

OK, 2266 showed up last Tuesday. I am still a little ****ed at the high number, but I can get over that, as I was not expecting a real low number.

The pre delivery inspection went well. Found one door screw on the passenger side way loose. Must have been break time at AAI when that happened.

The drivers seat at the seat bottom at the corner near the seat belt buckle has a loose pucker in it. But looking at photos of other cars on Ebay, it looks like they all have this issue.

The paint after I washed and dried it showed a few scratches, some of which rubbed out easily, others I have to work on. As I said in a prior post, In my 25 years in the car Business I've never seen a perfect new car and did not expect one.

I've driven the car around 125 miles at this point. I really like the car at this point. The ride is frim, but not harsh. It gives me a real feel of control, as I know it will go where I point it. It handles great for a new car right out of the box. Acceleration is good for a N/A car. The Bullitt has a wicked 2nd gear if you roll into the throttle in 1st and powershift 2nd, hello sideways. The 3 Valve engine likes revs and red line comes quick if you want it to. Fuel mileage is nothing to write home about so far, but It's still new and not broke in yet.

All in All I like my new car. The wife says the seats are comfortable and it is fast. She does not get a set of keys to any of my toys.

Time to start modding the car, I have some neat stuff for it allready. Then get it ready for some drag testing in April.

Mike..........:wink:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Nice Poster!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
eecdoc said:
Time to start modding the car, I have some neat stuff for it allready. Then get it ready for some drag testing in April.

Mike..........:wink:
What track will you be running at?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have run with the NVMC up at Mason Dixon in Hagerstown Md. I also run with the Superstallions up at Cecil County,we do our Spring Nats in April. If you have been at any of those events in the past you may have seen me with my fast car. It's a 10 second Red 95 T-Bird.

Mike.....

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Mike, welcome to the site and "the club" I hope '08 2266 treats you as well as '01 02445 has treated me!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok, my arse is draging. I basicly pulled the rear axle and cleaned and painted it as FORD should have done. Also added a FRPP M-4033-G2 rear cover, and added GT500 lower control arms.Also added a Spydershaft one peice driveshaft, and a BMR front driveshaft loop. I'll take photos, tomorrow. I need someone to host them for me, so I can add them to this website.My old butt is draging right know. But the rear suspension looks killer!

Mike.......:smile:

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Hi Mike,
Thanks!

These area going to be good photos that many of us will want to see.

Click on "Image Hosting" above and let IMBOC host your photos full size.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts