Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.

Does the 08 Bullitt have a paper element filter or the replaceable can like the 01?

We now have an I-4 Fusion in the family and I like the paper filter element and the ease of the oil/filter change.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I'm surprised they are going back to a replaceable element type or 'cartridge'.

The '08 Bullitt has the same as all other 4.6's the canister type

·
Registered
761 Posts
Hey Rick,

I know this is a Bullitt site but couldn't resist.I just bought the SE I-4 sport pkg.Love it.How do you like your Fusion?What year and model did you buy?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Its my understanding that the Bullitt air filter is a replaceable paper cone filter. According to my contact at a local Ford dealership it is Ford part number FA-1895. He says his dealership (one of the largest in the state) doesn't normally stock it which sort of makes me wonder how they handle changing the filter during normal maintenance.

Edit: DOH!!! You said OIL filter and I read AIR filter! Yikes!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Martimus said:
Its my understanding that the Bullitt air filter is a replaceable paper cone filter. According to my contact at a local Ford dealership it is Ford part number FA-1895. He says his dealership (one of the largest in the state) doesn't normally stock it which sort of makes me wonder how they handle changing the filter during normal maintenance.
I think it's a new filter for Ford and so far only used by the Bullitt. Probably why they don't stock it. It has a long recommended service interval as well.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
badasbullitt said:
Hey Rick,

I know this is a Bullitt site but couldn't resist.I just bought the SE I-4 sport pkg.Love it.How do you like your Fusion?What year and model did you buy?
Hi Stephen,
We ordered the base 08 Fusion with a manual transmission, black with grey interior.

My surprise is that on the highway the tach reads 3000 at 70 mph. Even my beater car, a 99 Saturn SL (original owner) runs much lower rpm than that. The Saturn gets 35 mph. Not sure about the Fusion mileaage yet. I changed the oil and filter at 600 miles, Motorcraft all the way.

What kind of mileage do you get? Manual or auto?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Manufacturers are going back to cartridge oil filters because of recycling laws in Europe-Lots of new German cars use them-Chevy Colbats use them but that engine is used all over europe. 08 Mustangs use a spin on oil filter.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
Martimus said:
Its my understanding that the Bullitt air filter is a replaceable paper cone filter. According to my contact at a local Ford dealership it is Ford part number FA-1895.

JUST AN F.Y.I.

FA-1895 IS THE MOTORCRAFT #
8R309601C IS THE ACTUAL FORD PART #

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Martimus said:

Edit: DOH!!! You said OIL filter and I read AIR filter! Yikes!
I read that Ford Racing was going to use the Bullitt airbox and filter in a future CAI kit, so chances are we will be able to purchase the filter from them down the road.

·
Registered
761 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Hi Stephen,
We ordered the base 08 Fusion with a manual transmission, black with grey interior.

My surprise is that on the highway the tach reads 3000 at 70 mph. Even my beater car, a 99 Saturn SL (original owner) runs much lower rpm than that. The Saturn gets 35 mph. Not sure about the Fusion mileaage yet. I changed the oil and filter at 600 miles, Motorcraft all the way.

What kind of mileage do you get? Manual or auto?
To tell you the truth I am not sure as far as rpm's.I will check and get back with you later.I am getting combined 28 mpg with less than 400 miles.Not to bad for an auto.I have read some people are putting in K&N air filters.They say between 2-4k miles I should see 30-33 mpg hwy.The Fusion is one hell of a fun driving car!

I let the 03 explorer go in exchange for better gas mileage.Got a terrific deal.I was getting 16 mpg.It was killing me.

·
Registered
417 Posts
texasbullitt said:
Martimus said:
Its my understanding that the Bullitt air filter is a replaceable paper cone filter. According to my contact at a local Ford dealership it is Ford part number FA-1895.

JUST AN F.Y.I.

FA-1895 IS THE MOTORCRAFT #
8R309601C IS THE ACTUAL FORD PART #
Way cool!! :smile:

I'm gonna make a note of that as I didn't know this... Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I think you would be the only person I've ever heard of who prefers the Fusion filter elements over cartridges. I personally can't stand them. They should be like the diesels, whereas they're in the engine bay and stand up. You open them up first to allow the oil to drain into the pan. The Fusions go everywhere.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi All,
The Fusion has a plug in the bottom of the oil filter can that allows you to drain the filter before you remove the can. Then when the can is removed, very little oil is left to spill out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello,
I use the K&N oil filter. It is a breeze to change. It has a 1 inch bolt on the bottom of the filter.
Takes less than 5 minutes to change.
Hopes this helps.
Jimmy Galloway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts