Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sirius radio option requires the satellite antenna on the trunk.
Does the Navigation system also use the same antenna?

I don't like that antenna, and just trying to decide if the Nav system is worth the extra expense.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I don't think it is! you can get one just as nice that is movable from car to car! FOR A LOT LESS!! I love my TOM TOM one gave 200.00 for it (1 tenth the cost). I can use it in ANY of my vehicles and only take it when I know I am going to need it! The new will wear off having it, I used to have mine on all the time starts to get annoying unless you need it, THEN it is a life saver!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
No, the gps antenna is under the dash. But I agree with Jeff. Look to the aftermarket for some really great nav units for the same or less money. #2445 has a Pioneer AVIC-D3 that retails for $1000 and knocks the socks off the Ford piece.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
installermarc said:
No, the gps antenna is under the dash. But I agree with Jeff. Look to the aftermarket for some really great nav units for the same or less money. #2445 has a Pioneer AVIC-D3 that retails for $1000 and knocks the socks off the Ford piece.
I think ford uses the Pioneer Avic in some applications, but I don't know about the one for this Mustang.

I think I'm just going to go with the Shaker 500.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Window Louvers

My friend has an 05 gt that he installed the silver horse racing rear quarter window louvers in and it looks great. They are a replacement for the window glass not an atachment. this might be a good thing for the 08 bullitts just a thought....
Ed:idea:

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have a set of those louvers not yet painted... I don't know if I'll use them on the bullitt or not. They look more like 65 66 fastback louvers...

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Yeah that's a lot of money for a GPS. I have a portable one I use in any vehicle, my motorcycle, bicycle, and even going for a walk. My wife has even taken it kayaking. Mine was $500 and I know they've come down since then.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
edtrae03130 said:
My friend has an 05 gt that he installed the silver horse racing rear quarter window louvers in and it looks great. They are a replacement for the window glass not an atachment. this might be a good thing for the 08 bullitts just a thought....
Ed:idea:
Are these louvers functional vents like the 67-68 vents?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
wally05 said:
Negative, they are at www.silverhorseracing.com They completely replace the whole window... They look awesome though.
YEP ... You're right on that idea. These look well-designed. Still looks to functional too, as it looks like you can still see outside. Folks better get those quick before they raise the price on them.

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
I don't think it is! You can get one just as nice that is movable from car to car! FOR A LOT LESS!! I love my TOM TOM one gave 200.00 for it (1 tenth the cost). I can use it in ANY of my vehicles and only take it when I know I am going to need it! The new will wear off having it, I used to have mine on all the time starts to get annoying unless you need it, THEN it is a life saver!
Agree. I recently inherited a portable Magellan 3140 GPS ($300) and we use it in all of our vehicles (looks like some type of "secret squirrel" equipment when in my daily driver CVPI). Looks like a pretty expensive option in the 2008 Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
The louvers are nice I have a set I need to install! And yes you can still see out the window

·
Registered
123 Posts
wally05 said:
I have a set of those louvers not yet painted... I don't know if I'll use them on the bullitt or not. They look more like 65 66 fastback louvers...
I agree. I really like the SHR louvers, but I don't really think they'd look right on the Bullitt. I would be more interested in some that look a little more like the '67-'68 style.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts