• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plans are underway for the 08 Shootout. Looking to gauge interest for next year.

Pine Valley and Houston Raceway Park are the two best choices as of now. With over 20 Bullitts in Houston and SA only a couple hours away we should get a great turnout.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
That definitely makes it more doable for me. We talked about the Shootout last night and I think at least 4 out of 5 of us would make it. That's just who was present!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I did!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Either - Or

I voted with 736. Either place makes me absolutely no difference. I'll never race at these events anyway. We will only go just to hang out and see everybody.

San Antonio BULLITTHEADS are nice folks and we should also give SA consideration too (just my 2 cents).

Nevertheless ... At least we did vote ... (LOL)

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
It makes no difference to me, but maybe this way the guys from San Antonio and Houston will show up.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
5111 said:
It makes no difference to me, but maybe this way the guys from San Antonio and Houston will show up.

Same here.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I voted Lufkin only so the Canucks don't whine too badly about how much further they will have to drive to attend. :badgrin:

Also, I can't imagine it will be as busy as HRP. Cost to race appears to be about the same (test and tune rates), and perhaps management would be more willing to open early to accomodate us.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yea, no doubt at their track rental rate of $300 per car to open early for us. :doubt:

Keep in mind April is also pretty rainy in Baytown. Heck, it's pretty wet all over southern Texas in April for that matter. I think I have been rained out of FFW at HRP in early May about half the time I went there in past years.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I got to thinking after I voted and the one thing that comes to mind is that the small town flavor may be a nice change of pace. Houston traffic sucks. I voted Houston, but it really doesn't matter to me.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I realy hope to make the shootout this year, it will be dependent on the work schedule. Either place would be great. I voted for Houston, just for convience. Lufkin would be great too.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Palestine

Total Est. Time: 22 hours, 51 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1459.25 miles

Houston

Total Est. Time: 24 hours, 55 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1583.21 miles

Lufkin

Total Est. Time: 22 hours, 51 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1461.86 miles

So I think I'm going to vote for Lufkin

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Dillo Dave said:
I voted Lufkin only so the Canucks don't whine too badly about how much further they will have to drive to attend. :badgrin:

Also, I can't imagine it will be as busy as HRP. Cost to race appears to be about the same (test and tune rates), and perhaps management would be more willing to open early to accomodate us.
Whine??????? :rotfl:

Tell ya what, after this TEXAS Shootout, I will expect at least HALF of the Texans to make the trek up here for the Pink Slip Shootout. If that happens then I'll be back for 09. If not, ??????

MustangMarkus said:
I voted Lufkin, but that may even be too far for the Houston guys to travel...
:eek: :eek:

TOO FAR?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
Can I be considered one of the Magnolia guys?? :wink:

Actually Lufkin my be closer to my house than Houston Raceway.
You're probably right ... (LMAO) ... Plus Lufkin shouldn't have any more mosquitos that time of year than Baytown will !!!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Canada Meet

ROFLMAO @ Kaylan ... :lol:

I've only got 2 issues with Canada;

1 - They don't allow handguns in there ... (WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ???) :mad:

2 - June 24, 2002 I went to work at 12 midnight near Sweetgrass, Montana and at midnight-30 I looked at the thermometer and it was a whole 48 degrees-F outside ... (DAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG !!!) :confused:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.