Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first 09 Bullitt just showed up at Jordan Ford. The strut # is 5864. This one is HG and there are no changes from 08. The last 8 of the vin# 95102393. We now have 6 on the ground. The market is basicaly dead. Whoever had to have one has already got it, now it's for the casual Mustang buyer. What a shame.

·
Premium Member
2,363 Posts
Sounds like Ford made a bad decision to continue production into '09.

·
Registered
305 Posts
gofstr455 said:
Well, they said 7700, all hell would break loose if they didn't deliver. Sometimes you just can't win.
yeah, just like the 03 Mach 1. Was suppose to make 6500 and then they made 9652 and then made 'em again in 04. Sometimes you just can' win! All the dealers around Waco still have their black 08's if anyone wants a black one.

Big Ron

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
stopping short of making 7700?

gofstr455 said:
Well, they said 7700, all hell would break loose if they didn't deliver. Sometimes you just can't win.
Hi George!

Why would Ford catch Hell is they stopped short of making 7700?

Steve

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
gofstr455 said:
The first 09 Bullitt just showed up at Jordan Ford. The strut # is 5864. This one is HG and there are no changes from 08. The last 8 of the vin# 95102393. We now have 6 on the ground. The market is basicaly dead. Whoever had to have one has already got it, now it's for the casual Mustang buyer. What a shame.
Maybe you'll sell more to Europe.

I think there are a lot of buyers, just many are scared because of gas prices.
Those who don't buy will regret it later.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
does the tower brace say 2009 or 2008? curious minds want to know!

EDIT: nevermind I am behind the times I guess, saw on another thread it does say 2009 on the tower brace!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ford is having a hard time selling any Mustang now. There are a lot of Bullitts, Shelby GTs, Saleens, and GT500s around here on the lots.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
There is a lot of anticipation for the 2010s, which aren't all that far off and that is a factor.

I think Ford said they would produce only 45,000 '09s, and they might not produce that many at that.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Anything with a V-8 in it is treated like it has the plague lately. A dealer here is trying the you pay what we pay deal to try and move his F150s on the lot. No one is going near them. Because gas is going through the roof they think they have to get 35 MPG. Doesn't have much to do with anticpation as much as trepidation of gas prices I would say.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
droopysbullitt said:
Anything with a V-8 in it is treated like it has the plague lately. A dealer here is trying the you pay what we pay deal to try and move his F150s on the lot. No one is going near them. Because gas is going through the roof they think they have to get 35 MPG. Doesn't have much to do with anticpation as much as trepidation of gas prices I would say.
That deal is all over the place, it's "A" plan plus all rebates. Here in So TX it's about $8,000 off on a F-150. As far as the price of gas, we have no control over it and you have to fill your truck/car no matter the price. If you need a truck/car, buy it now. Might as well save $8,000 and fuel up a new one with no milage and warranty instead of an old beater thats on it's way out.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Whammer said:
I wonder if the HP wars are going to come to end?
The Challenger and Camaro couldn't have had worse timing.
Absolutely! Who could have predicted this sudden run up in fuel prices and that it would occur as the Camaro and Challenger are released. These cars could become the rarest of production cars.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
How does Ford make plans for future Mustangs? Some time will have to pass to see how fuel prices and driver psychology will sort out.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
PhotoRick said:
How does Ford make plans for future Mustangs? Some time will have to pass to see how fuel prices and driver psychology will sort out.
Ford actually appears to be in a good position. The 2010 will apparently be or at least appear to be slightly smaller. The ecotech V6 will have 340 plus hp and good fuel economy.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Whammer said:
I wonder if the HP wars are going to come to end?
The Challenger and Camaro couldn't have had worse timing.
There is an article in Auoweek on the Lincoln, which is a V6, and how Ford now looks to be pretty smart with it after all.
It will also be one of the first to have the ecotech V6 which will have have 340 plus HP and good fuel economy.

I think we will see a lot of that engine.

I don't have numbers but apparently Fords new 5.0 V8 does well too.

So it looks like teh HP wars may nor actually end, just be different

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
gofstr455 said:
That deal is all over the place, it's "A" plan plus all rebates. Here in So TX it's about $8,000 off on a F-150. As far as the price of gas, we have no control over it and you have to fill your truck/car no matter the price. If you need a truck/car, buy it now. Might as well save $8,000 and fuel up a new one with no milage and warranty instead of an old beater thats on it's way out.
well said George.

People will adjust to gas prices as they always do, then the deals will be gone when they do decide to buy.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts