Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
full size spare (a

Jester67 said:
This horse has been beaten to a bloody paste at this point.
Now if the 08 comes with a spare tire I will be ****ed then.

My '08 Bullitt came with a full size spare...

... because I paid extra for it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve (and I agree that there shouldn't be an '09 - 41st Anniversary??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: - Bullitt)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I suppose many here are happy that Ford is going into 09 ; afterall , more potential IMBOC members. However, legitimate questions will naturally rise to the surface and one doesn't have to be downwind very long to smell the rotten odor of the Ford marketing department . Some of us no doubt remember the tricks they played with the last Thunderbird.

Kudos to Randal and the engineering group for their execution.They are the only ones deserving of praise.

·
Registered
745 Posts
NovaSSfan said:
They are the only ones deserving of praise.
Sorry Frank- gotta disagree with ya here. This topic has been beaten to death--especially by me early on. Heck, I refused to buy and didn't until the answer came...

Ford did right by us...they advertised early on 7700 units total...7000 to the US (why Canada gets 700 is beyond me--just joking folks). that is all Ford is building. They stuck to their word-- aftr a whole lot of pressure from US. This car is built under 'program' economics. The business plan for the car was for 7700 units...development costs and anticipted profit etc spread out over that many vehicles...have you look at Ford's numbers lately--they need sales, bad. Here in Sacto Calif--we have already had one Ford dealership closing it's doors--business/economy is bad.

Oh, as per above--they are doing this right--no starting over on numbering--picking up where they left off...that is sweet and avoids a lot of confusion.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Economics you say ? What about the consumer and his or her economics? I read the press releases in October and early November and decided that I had to hurry up because they would blow out the entire 7.700 production real quick.
My mistake - waiting just a few months longer , I could have realized a $1,500 rebate in April. Ford told my dealer in January when I took delivery of my ordered car that the Bullitt wasn't A GT and therefore , it wasn't eligible . Then Ford flip -flopped on April 1 and suddenly , Bullitts were eligible. That , my friend is poor marketing. Within 3 weeks , they yanked the rebate - perhaps they got too many complaints from early buyers about their " ineligible" purchase ? I dunno.Now because sales are slower than they anticipated, production will run into 2009.That's fine , but what about the bait they threw out to lure the early buyers ?

BTW , I resent being told that this topic has been beaten to death. I feel that way about many things I have read on this website ,especially the cute stuff that has no automotive relevance , but I keep my opinions to myself and try hard not to insult others. I've been an auto enthusiast since the early 60s , mostly into and owning GM musclecars and Vettes . My generation was raised to respect the opinion of others , even if we disagreed. So , if discussing the marketing behind this vehicle makes a certain individual or individuals unhappy, post/ read something else.

I'll repeat myself one more time- the engineering team built a great car and so far , I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Frank--everyone has a right to their opinion--including you. By beaten to death we (or I) mean that it has been previoulsy discussed at long length...that's all. Your new so you missed a lot of the earlier discussion. As far as waiting vs buying right away...that is all about the bigger picture..if the ecomony had gone the other way and these cars would have flown off the lots and disappeared those that waited would have been kicking themselves...no one, be it Ford nor dealers have control over that--well dealers and their darn ADM do to some extent...that is and was a personal choice to grab and make sure you have one or risk ownership and see what happens in the market place.

My local 'dealer' wanted an 05 Ford GT sooo bad...he couldn't wait for 4 months for his 3 car allocation to come in..he wanted the car for himself... he could have bought it for net...but nope, he couldn't wait, just like a kid before Christmas...so bought one of the first out of Los Angeles...paid $300,000 for it..and he is a Ford dealer (he sold his last 2006's for MSRP of about $165,000)...so it's how bad do you want it...vs what you think the market is going to do.

The Rebate issue you brought up..again, sorry...that was never a flip flop--that was a MISTAKE- the Bullitt was NEVER intended to be included. Some secretary or midlevel whatever screwed up and didn't remove the Bullitt like they do with the Shelby GT500 from the incentives list...in less then 2 weeks Ford woke up when paperwork started showing up and someone in managment realized it and stopped it. Again, that whole rebate thing was a MISTAKE...FOrd never intended to do it..so a few boys and girls got lucky and save a few bucks.. Not sure how you can be mad at Ford for putting something on 'sale' for two weeks that they never intended to put on sale in the first palce...

·
Registered
2 Posts
About the '08 vs. '09---I'm working with a dealer who has an '08 coming in mid June and an '09 coming in late June. I don't know if there is a real difference between the two MY's. The dealer thinks there is a body change--but I've not seen anything here or on the web that would indicate he's right.
So--does anyone know if there is any difference between the two MY's? And does the '09 list for more than the '08? And lastly, what is your opinion as to which would be the better car to buy if they both cost the same, and why?

Thanks for any help

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
texasbullitt said:
love the mark-up/adm , then down abit they state taht they don't have any other''fee's'' nope why would you after you jack the price up from an admitted amount of ''THE MSRP IS $32¸480.00'' to a buy it now price of US $38,995.00

Fee and Tax Information: WE HERE AT DEAN STALLINGS FORD HAVE NO ADDED FEES. WE DO HAVE TO CHARGE A LOCAL TAX AND A LOCAL BUISNESS TAX WHICH IS NORMALY AROUND $200.00. THERE WILL BE A 30 DAY TAG FOR $34.50 THIS ALL GOES TO THE STATE ITS THERE POLICY. WE ALSO ETCH ALL OF OUR VEHICLES FOR $399.00 WHICH IS A PROTECTION IF YOUR VEHICLE EVER GETS STOLLEN.

nice guy's huh
What the hell are they charging. That $399.00 etch is all profit. It takes maybe 5 minutes and is free at Jordan Ford. We definately don't have any extra fees. You can attest to that Mark.
George

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wrong Color Wheel?

That's cool Steve, but in that picture it looks like they gave you the wrong color wheel? What is the deal with that? You won't be able to rotate that in with the other 4. Were they unable to get the Bullitt wheel?

BTW:
I haven't had a flat in more than 20 years. That is a few million miles. I always keep properly inflated (with common compressed air) good rubber (determined by inspection not age) on my street cars & trucks. I didn't even order an optional spare on my 2005 6 wheeled F-450. Have been through 1.5 sets of tires on it all over the country on and off road and haven't had a problem.

I'm OK with my inflation kits... Hey maybe I should get one of those for my truck...

SteveNYC said:
My '08 Bullitt came with a full size spare...

... because I paid extra for it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve (and I agree that there shouldn't be an '09 - 41st Anniversary??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: - Bullitt)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Black GT500 said:
That's cool Steve, but in that picture it looks like they gave you the wrong color wheel? What is the deal with that? You won't be able to rotate that in with the other 4. Were they unable to get the Bullitt wheel?

BTW:
I haven't had a flat in more than 20 years. That is a few million miles. I always keep properly inflated (with common compressed air) good rubber (determined by inspection not age) on my street cars & trucks. I didn't even order an optional spare on my 2005 6 wheeled F-450. Have been through 1.5 sets of tires on it all over the country on and off road and haven't had a problem.

I'm OK with my inflation kits... Hey maybe I should get one of those for my truck...

Yeah that's an 18" GT polished wheel. But it's a spare and better looking than the stamped steel that a spare comes on. The price though, That's a lot of spare

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
gofstr455 said:
What the hell are they charging. That $399.00 etch is all profit. It takes maybe 5 minutes and is free at Jordan Ford. We definately don't have any extra fees. You can attest to that Mark.
George
I suspect Jordan is etching the VIN.
Some etch what is an Insurance policy number, part of that $399 will be for the 'policy' part for the dealer. It's insurance that pays if your car is stolen and not recovered. The Insurance Companies give the dealers the etching materials for free and encourage them to etch all cars, so when selling the policy they can say the car is already etched. Because it's a Policy number if the buyer doesn't go for the 'policy' they end up with an absolutely useless number etched on their glass.
I guess that dealer is making the policy purchase mandatory.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I've shopped elsewhere for a certain car when I found out the one I was looking at was etched.Stealerships make enough on you.Maybe I should go etch the local stealers showroom windows and charge them a protection fee."Old school",If you know what I mean!:badgrin:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mustang 3 said:
Frank--everyone has a right to their opinion--including you. By beaten to death we (or I) mean that it has been previoulsy discussed at long length...that's all. Your new so you missed a lot of the earlier discussion. As far as waiting vs buying right away...that is all about the bigger picture..if the ecomony had gone the other way and these cars would have flown off the lots and disappeared those that waited would have been kicking themselves...no one, be it Ford nor dealers have control over that--well dealers and their darn ADM do to some extent...that is and was a personal choice to grab and make sure you have one or risk ownership and see what happens in the market place.

My local 'dealer' wanted an 05 Ford GT sooo bad...he couldn't wait for 4 months for his 3 car allocation to come in..he wanted the car for himself... he could have bought it for net...but nope, he couldn't wait, just like a kid before Christmas...so bought one of the first out of Los Angeles...paid $300,000 for it..and he is a Ford dealer (he sold his last 2006's for MSRP of about $165,000)...so it's how bad do you want it...vs what you think the market is going to do.

The Rebate issue you brought up..again, sorry...that was never a flip flop--that was a MISTAKE- the Bullitt was NEVER intended to be included. Some secretary or midlevel whatever screwed up and didn't remove the Bullitt like they do with the Shelby GT500 from the incentives list...in less then 2 weeks Ford woke up when paperwork started showing up and someone in managment realized it and stopped it. Again, that whole rebate thing was a MISTAKE...FOrd never intended to do it..so a few boys and girls got lucky and save a few bucks.. Not sure how you can be mad at Ford for putting something on 'sale' for two weeks that they never intended to put on sale in the first palce...
I'll take what you say as GOSPEL.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Black GT500 said:

BTW:

Yes, I know. I chose that wheel on purpose. Since I'd only use it to drive to a repair shop and get my flat tire replaced, I saved some real bucks by getting the basic aluminum colored version of the wheel. If I rotate my tires (good idea.. thanks for the reminder), I'll rotate the four I always drive on.

Oh... and I got two flats in about 18 months with my last car... all from picking up nails in parking lots! :mad: That's why I wanted a full size spare with my Bullitt. :wink:

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
gofstr455 said:
Yeah that's an 18" GT polished wheel. But it's a spare and better looking than the stamped steel that a spare comes on. The price though, That's a lot of spare
The dealer in Kentucky charged my about $350 for the wheel, tire, putting it all together and leaving it for me in my trunk. :smile:

It wasn't cheap, but it was worth it for the peace of mind! :exclaim:

Steve

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
well, '08s are the anniversary year, but assuming Ford honours the run limit off 7,700 cars - the '09s will be much rarer (~2100 for 09 vs ~5600 for 08 ).

as for which one would be better, all else being the same, it probably won't make a lick of difference. Personally, if it was it was DHG( the only proper colour ;) )I'd go for the 08...

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.