Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a HUGE stoke of luck I got a bonus at work after being told it wouldn't happen.. even better when you don't expect it! :wink: After uncle Sam takes his cut and I throw some in savings I am left with 1K.. not exactly time for a Vortech but maybe some other goodies I have over looked while doing more savings than spending.

Here is the (very dynamic) list:

$170 Steeda Tri-Ax
$165 Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
$160 Steeda Timming Advance
$300 MAC ProChamber + MILS & Install
$300 MAFterburner (can I get a discount?)
$1095 Total, Okay a little over.. shoot me

I already have:
FRPP 4.10 gears (awaiting install)
FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft (awaiting install)
DenseCharger (installed)

What do you think of the setup? Am I overlooking something more important, like tires :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
llama, what is Steeda saying the HP gains will be with their Cat-Back system??

"hookers and beer"....you guys crack me up!!marty

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure how truthfull Steeda is but here is what they say about the pipes:

"Stock Mustangs will pick up about 8-14hp. Modified cars can pick up 20hp or more!"

I just thought $399 was a good price for a stainless steel X pipe with cats.. and Steeda has a good reputation for thier parts. Wonder how this compares to the MAC ProChamber?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
While I'll would certainly start with the shifter, I would recommend LT headers and appropriate H-pipe. I think this would give you the biggest bang for the buck in that price range. Local guys have been consistently seeing around 20+ rwhp from just that mod, and that is with stock cat backs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Your "very dynamic" list sounds like a good foundation until your next bonus...

peAce

·
Registered
75 Posts
Barnaby...what kind of install prices should a person expect to pay for a LT header and h-pipe install?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Forgot to give you guys the update.. Before I decided to spend the $1000 on go fast goodies I had decided to buy an IRA for 2001. I filled out the paperwork and signed it, then I second guessed the decision.. I already put a large % of my salary in savings, after several beers/hours I convinced myself to "blow" the bonus on the Bullitt and the rest on my wife (or the other way around :wink:). When my wife got home I told her I had changed my mind and told her what I was going to buy her and then explained all the go fast goodie in store for the Bullitt.. She then said "Oh baby, I'm sorry, I mailed that form you filled out this morning" DOAH!

So.. no go fast goodies for awhile, but I did max out my IRA for 2001... not quite as exiciting but I guess a little wiser.

I hate getting old and makig wise decisions.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-20 23:34, #2971 wrote:
Barnaby...what kind of install prices should a person expect to pay for a LT header and h-pipe install?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Round these parts it runs from $200-400. Most shops have found it quicker and less painful to drop the K-members to reduce their install times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys I need a little help.

I am just starting to juice up my Bullitt. Where would you recommend getting my stuff from, and what brand and/or types would you go with.

Exhaust: x-pipe or h-pipe/cat, no cats?
Gears: 3:73's or 4:10's
Cold Air Induction?
Power Pipe?
Chip?
Underdrive Pulleys?
Pro 5.0 Shifter? .....

Thanks ya,#508

1 - 14 of 14 Posts