Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
10561 - 10580 of 10615 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
21,380 Posts
Tim,

A serious reply and not meant to be a [email protected] one just being serious buddy.
I hope in my case NEVER-EVER to have to take my next and possibly LAST car to any Performance Shop.
I'm done with that on my end ..........

Take Care,
Terry
yea, right!!!! we've all said that before....... I have a bridge for sale for you after you get the wide body.

·
Car Whisperer
21,380 Posts
looks good!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: shortymustang

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,564 ·
Ok Terry, this is my last ditch effort to try and upload some pics of my T/A 392

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Frank,

Well this time the pictures came through perfect buddy.

Luv that color on your's with the Black Hood !!!

Outstanding for sure. :wink2:

Thanks for giving it another try on up-loading the pictures. :smile2:

Terry

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,565 ·
Speaking of, GATEWAY CLASSIC CARS in Nashville, TN.

Guys,

I just got home from KY. early AM this morning.
I attended a Vietnam Veteran Day event in Washington DC yesterday with my Niece's Husband.
He works for Toyota in Georgetown, KY. and Toyota was sponsoring the event for Vietnam Veterans.
So, Darren had the opportunity to invite me to attend the event since I am his Uncle through marriage.
It was a Full-Day of events and was for sure well worth attending.

I just turned on the computer and saw that, GATEWAY CLASSIC CARS in Nashville, TN. now has the Full-Blown-Ad up for my Bullitt Mustang.
It includes, full assortment of pictures, video and the Write-up.
So, if your interested below is the link to the completed Ad.

I think some of you that have the Higher-End-Mustangs or for that matter Cars might like seeing what they actually do.
Especially if you prefer NOT to have to deal with individuals (Tire-Kickers) yourselves.

Click on Link below,
2008 Ford Mustang | Gateway Classic Cars | 608

Terry

·
Car Whisperer
21,380 Posts
Guys,

I just turned on the computer and saw that, GATEWAY CLASSIC CARS in Nashville, TN. now has the Full-Blown-Ad up for my Bullitt Mustang.
It includes, full assortment of pictures, video and the Write-up.
So, if your interested below is the link to the completed Ad.

I think some of you that have the Higher-End-Mustangs or for that matter Cars might like seeing what they actually do.
Especially if you prefer NOT to have to deal with individuals (Tire-Kickers) yourselves.

Click on Link below,
2008 Ford Mustang | Gateway Classic Cars | 608

Terry
looks like the same ad...doesn't seem to have anything new added.

Reactions: Eddie1353

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,567 ·
Tim, Here is what has been added below this past weekend ...

looks like the same ad...doesn't seem to have anything new added.
Hi Tim,

I'm not sure what your seeing on your computer screen.

But, here is what they just completed that was NOT on their Internet Site until this past weekend.
Previous to this past weekend all that was on their site were the pictures they took of it.

The (Write-Up),

For sale in our Nashville showroom is the world’s only 2008 Highland Green Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Bullitt Mustang with an automatic transmission and a 1,000 HP Brenspeed-built aluminum 5.0 Ford Racing Stroker that lurks beneath the carbon-fiber hood. No expense was spared in the construction of this one-of-a-kind beast. To list all the modifications and upgrades on this Bullitt would take a small book. So, we’ll hit some of the highpoints. To start with the engine, built by Brenspeed to Saleen specs with a Ford Racing Aluminum 3-Valve Cylinder Block that was bored and stroked to 3.554 x 3.800 with the block plated honed +.002 for improved bore geometry. Nothing inside this insidious beast was skimped on either. From Clevite bearings, Manley rods, CP pistons to the Kellogg crankshaft, everything is at the apex of premium. Topping this monster off is a Roush 2300 Series Supercharger that was modified by Brenspeed to Hurricane specs running between 19-20 psi of boost. Getting power to the wheels from this wicked powerplant is a Ford Factory 5R55s Automatic transmission, modified by TCI to a Super Streetfighter and installed by Brenspeed, making this the only known 2008 Mustang GT Bullitt with an automatic. If you want to hear about all the mods and equipment upgrades we are happy tell you but what you really want to know is what it’s like to drive this beast. When you open the door on this 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt for sale and swing open the fold-out bar from the RPM 5-point roll-bar and see the TCI Streetfighter ratchet shifter, you start to get that tingling feeling on the back of your neck. When you crank this baby up and use a remote to open the headers and the Borla exhaust system screams to life, you know something sinister is going on. Slide this Bullitt in to gear and smash the accelerator and your heart ends up in your throat, beating at an accelerated rate from the major adrenaline rush you are experiencing! There will be no doubt in you mind just how wicked this Bullitt for sale really is. With a little restraint, you can drive this car comfortably across the country getting over 20 mpg if you so choose. Options for this 2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt for sale include, AC, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft system, CD changer, leather upholstery, power locks, power windows, keyless entry, power seats, cruise control, fog lights, aluminum/alloy wheels and so much more. This 1000 HP 2008 Ford Mustang GT Bullitt for sale offers you the very best that money can buy. For more information please call us at the Nashville showroom at 615-213-1800 or email us at [email protected].

The Video,

Terry

·
Registered
379 Posts
terry good luck with the sale.
i am not trying to insult you but in my OPINION the price is optimistic.

i can probably convince my friend, he has talked about selling it in the past, to sell his low miles 07 triple black GT500 KR convertible for less than your asking price. heck he would probably install a auto trans if he got your asking price.

·
Car Whisperer
21,380 Posts
have to agree on the price....would be nice, but think 40-50 would even be fortunate. nothing to do with value of the car, but what someone would pay is a totally different story.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,570 ·
terry good luck with the sale.
i am not trying to insult you but in my OPINION the price is optimistic.

i can probably convince my friend, he has talked about selling it in the past, to sell his low miles 07 triple black GT500 KR convertible for less than your asking price. heck he would probably install a auto trans if he got your asking price.
Hi Roy,

I'm confident that you have read a great many of my posting on this site.
That being said buddy I try my best not to get over excited.

Your thoughts on the pricing is your opinion and there is nothing at all wrong with posting that as far as I am concerned.

Just so you know I had No-Input at all on the Pricing of the Bullitt.
That was 100% left up to the Professionals that do that for a living everyday.
I was asked Multiple-Times to give my {input} but I chose not to have any comments on the pricing of it.
My take on it is simple and this is almost verbatim, I'm not going to say anything at all regarding the pricing that is going to be 100% left up to you guys your the professionals.
What I do want from you on the pricing once you guys do your homework and make your final decision is this,
I want it SOLD fellows it's not in anyway to become a, Work-of-Art or a Highly Valued Museum Piece to sit in a Showroom.

So Roy that is the Rest-of-the-Story buddy on the pricing of the 2008 Bullitt Mustang.

I cannot really remark or add anything useful really buddy on what your buddies is worth.
I just don't have a clue.
If your Friend does decide to put his on the Market I certainly wish him the Very-Best-Outcome. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

Terry

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,571 ·
have to agree on the price....would be nice, but think 40-50 would even be fortunate. nothing to do with value of the car, but what someone would pay is a totally different story.
Hey Tim,

Sorry buddy you were posting as I was posting that's why I did not use the Multi-Quote Feature.

I think all of us that have been around for a very long time all know the following.

Anything that's for sale is only really worth what the buyer is willing to spend for whatever that item is including cars.

I have chosen guys to go with Gateway Classic Cars because they are Huge and cover the World for Marketing unique cars/vehicles.

As anyone in my position hopefully they would also do as I have and hope for the best outcome.

In my case Thank-Goodness I have at least a YEAR guys for mine to find a New Home.

We all will simply have no real choice but to sit as Calmly as we can or certainly me and see what takes place.

Thanks for all your thoughts guys and comments. :grin2:

Terry

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Just my opinion based upon no facts whatsoever.

I think the asking price is right on the money. Remember, this is just the starting point. Someone who is looking for something unique are the ones who will be interested. Those are the same folks who have "been around the block" a time or two and understand cars. They will come out and look at the car and most likely make some kind of counter offer (most likely low) and the negotiation begins. By setting a higher starting point, you will eliminate a lot of the non-serious tire kickers.

I also think it is a good move to go with the a place like Gateway so you don't have to deal with the whole negotiation process. For a factory car (even the 07 triple black GT500 KR convertible) you could handle that yourself as there are plenty examples to go by but for a custom built "1 of a kind", then leave the negotiation to people who do it each day.

Reactions: tigerhonaker

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,573 ·
Just my opinion based upon no facts whatsoever.

I think the asking price is right on the money. Remember, this is just the starting point. Someone who is looking for something unique are the ones who will be interested. Those are the same folks who have "been around the block" a time or two and understand cars. They will come out and look at the car and most likely make some kind of counter offer (most likely low) and the negotiation begins. By setting a higher starting point, you will eliminate a lot of the non-serious tire kickers.

I also think it is a good move to go with the a place like Gateway so you don't have to deal with the whole negotiation process. For a factory car (even the 07 triple black GT500 KR convertible) you could handle that yourself as there are plenty examples to go by but for a custom built "1 of a kind", then leave the negotiation to people who do it each day.
Jack,

I have tried to completely stay far away from anything to do with discussing the pricing of the Bullitt Mustang of mine.
I have No-Doubt that you and others that follow this Thread already know what I just said above ^^^.

So when I do comment back to your post and your words now I Do-Not want what I say to be Misinterpreted by others reading this post.

Your comments on this pricing thing is actually Spot-On buddy.
Who in their right mind would List the Bullitt and Low-Ball the crap out of it.
That would simply be crazy ..........

And as you pointed out and I have said before my Bullitt Mustang is not for the person looking for a Bargain.
This Bullitt Mustang as it sits right now at Gateway Classic Cars is as perfect as it possibly can be.
It's not a car that a person purchases and then once they either get ready to drive it home from Gateway or trailer it home and then get ready to drive it.
Find out that what they actually have is a Super Sharp Looking, Outstandingly Beautiful, Mechanical NIGHTMARE.

I have been there myself and done that with a 1970 SS Chevelle.
I attended a car show and saw this Beautiful Bright Red SS Chevelle and purchased it.
Yes I talked to the, Lying, Deceitful, Owner and bought what he said.
Then paid CASH right then for it and the Owner was History.
What I got was a Beautiful Bright Red piece of $HIT !!!
I had the whole, complete, mechanical car Replaced entirely.
It would take way to much space here to list all that was Replaced New.

My point above ^^^ is simple though.

Here is that 1970 SS Chevelle AFTER I had it Totally Redone.

Who ever purchases the Bullitt Mustang is going to get the Best Money can Buy in a Build of it's caliber.

The person could actually get in it at Gateway classic Cars, top off with 93-Octane and head to California, NY, Washington, FL or Canada.
There is now NOTHING that needs to be done to the Bullitt.
I made sure that anything and everything to do with it was 100% done New with the Best Possible Parts.
And none of it was done in someone's garage it was all done Professionally.

So, I'm saying Jack and to others this is not a Bargain Bullitt Mustang ...........

What it is, is 1-of-1 in the World and for the person that wants what No-One-Else has it's the car for Him or Her.

To finish this post ............
I said and will repeat it one more time.
This post and what I have said is not meant to come across to any person as me Belittling them and what they think.
If the Bullitt Mustang seems to anyone to be Way-Way-Way "Overpriced" then it Definitely is NOT the car for you.

Jack, just so you know I appreciate your comments as they are Spot-On.

Terry

·
Car Whisperer
21,380 Posts
they should advertise it over at Saudi or someplace....maybe some Sheik with tons of money will get it.

after all, if some person was willing to pay $40k for an 01....then the sky is the limit.....

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,575 ·
they should advertise it over at Saudi or someplace....maybe some Sheik with tons of money will get it.

after all, if some person was willing to pay $40k for an 01....then the sky is the limit.....
Tim,

Gateway covers the World that's why I went with their Corporation.

They ship "Internationally".

It only takes 1-person ...........

T.

·
Registered
379 Posts
like i said before, i wish you the best of luck with the sale.
i understand that a dealer is handling the price, and they must take their cut.
but they are asking GT350 money for a a 10yo GT mustang with a few add on's. yes it has a bullitt package but that only goes so far. for 60K you can but GT500's with 1000 RWHP not 1000 hp at the crank. and your roll bar with swing out door bars is no longer legal at NHRA tracks if someone want's to really race the car in class.
quite honestly for mid 40's low 50's i could probably duplicate your car. the cost of labor doesn't really count when selling modified cars only the actual costs of the mods themselves.
i have a little less than 20K in my car now in actual cash out of my pocket. it was in a big fender bender before i bought it so i got it really cheap before i started modding it.

as far as the triple black GT500 KR convertible. IT'S THE ONLY ONE IN EXISTENCE. shelby never made another KR CONVERTIBLE, honestly it's not a official shelby built car it was custom made by someone who has lots of experience with them. it has a serial # of 0001 on the legitimate shelby serial number tag.

·
Registered
778 Posts
You must be a newcomer to this site and have zero idea how many top of the line, hi performance mods went into this car. To say this car could be duplicated for 40 to 50k is an insult.

·
Premium Member
12,040 Posts
You must be a newcomer to this site and have zero idea how many top of the line, hi performance mods went into this car. To say this car could be duplicated for 40 to 50k is an insult.

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here.

How do you know he can't duplicate this car for $40-50k? What do you know about him or what he can do? Have you seen his rebuild pics?

This is exactly what is wrong with this site these days. He simply stated HIS opinion of the price on the car that is for sale. He's entitled to his opinion and if you disagree with his opinion so be it but how long he's been on the site is irrelevant. He joined in 2013 for the record.

Now, I have an opinion but I'm choosing to keep it myself specifically for this reason. If the seller gets $80k for the car, all the power to him, we all know there's more than that into the car BUT shop labor runs costs up by 50-60% so if a guy can turn a wrench, he probably can duplicate this car for that money.

·
Car Whisperer
21,380 Posts

did I use the word duplicate anywhere? no, obviously. build cost is not sale cost.

newcomer to the site...I joined in 03 and you in 09, so that is also not true.

No idea about the sale prices of things? I can't tell you how many countless cars I have watched on Mecum or Barrett Jackson and others, that the cost of the build was far more than the sale. worst one I ever saw was a resto mod, they said they had $200k in the car...it sold for $60.

I have been around a long time with cars and most people will tell you that it is difficult to get for the car what you put in to it. very rare. if you are one of the well known tuners/builders etc. like Foose or someone, then maybe you get your money back. otherwise, you can usually forget it.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Love that SS. Its a beauty. I would keep that one over any newer Mustang, or any new car.

10561 - 10580 of 10615 Posts