Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
10581 - 10600 of 10615 Posts

·
Administrator
6,521 Posts
You must be a newcomer to this site and have zero idea how many top of the line, hi performance mods went into this car. To say this car could be duplicated for 40 to 50k is an insult.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I am asking the moderators to remove some of these discussions points like this because I've watched these degrade into insults and fighting.

Reactions: Bullitt 736

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,582 ·
like i said before, i wish you the best of luck with the sale.
i understand that a dealer is handling the price, and they must take their cut.
but they are asking GT350 money for a a 10yo GT mustang with a few add on's. yes it has a bullitt package but that only goes so far. for 60K you can but GT500's with 1000 RWHP not 1000 hp at the crank. and your roll bar with swing out door bars is no longer legal at NHRA tracks if someone want's to really race the car in class.
quite honestly for mid 40's low 50's i could probably duplicate your car. the cost of labor doesn't really count when selling modified cars only the actual costs of the mods themselves.
i have a little less than 20K in my car now in actual cash out of my pocket. it was in a big fender bender before i bought it so i got it really cheap before i started modding it.

as far as the triple black GT500 KR convertible. IT'S THE ONLY ONE IN EXISTENCE. shelby never made another KR CONVERTIBLE, honestly it's not a official shelby built car it was custom made by someone who has lots of experience with them. it has a serial # of 0001 on the legitimate shelby serial number tag.
You must be a newcomer to this site and have zero idea how many top of the line, hi performance mods went into this car. To say this car could be duplicated for 40 to 50k is an insult.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'm going to play Devil's advocate here.

How do you know he can't duplicate this car for $40-50k? What do you know about him or what he can do? Have you seen his rebuild pics?

This is exactly what is wrong with this site these days. He simply stated HIS opinion of the price on the car that is for sale. He's entitled to his opinion and if you disagree with his opinion so be it but how long he's been on the site is irrelevant. He joined in 2013 for the record.

Now, I have an opinion but I'm choosing to keep it myself specifically for this reason. If the seller gets $80k for the car, all the power to him, we all know there's more than that into the car BUT shop labor runs costs up by 50-60% so if a guy can turn a wrench, he probably can duplicate this car for that money.
did I use the word duplicate anywhere? no, obviously. build cost is not sale cost.

newcomer to the site...I joined in 03 and you in 09, so that is also not true.

No idea about the sale prices of things? I can't tell you how many countless cars I have watched on Mecum or Barrett Jackson and others, that the cost of the build was far more than the sale. worst one I ever saw was a resto mod, they said they had $200k in the car...it sold for $60.

I have been around a long time with cars and most people will tell you that it is difficult to get for the car what you put in to it. very rare. if you are one of the well known tuners/builders etc. like Foose or someone, then maybe you get your money back. otherwise, you can usually forget it.
Love that SS. Its a beauty. I would keep that one over any newer Mustang, or any new car.
I am asking the moderators to remove some of these discussions points like this because I've watched these degrade into insults and fighting.
Attention !!!

All Moderators,

I have No-issue with anything being posted on this thread in the last Few-Days.

Do-Not move or Delete any posts for me as it is Totally NOT Necessary.

Thanks,
Terry Honaker
aka tigerhonaker

·
Registered
778 Posts
did I use the word duplicate anywhere? no, obviously. build cost is not sale cost.

newcomer to the site...I joined in 03 and you in 09, so that is also not true.

No idea about the sale prices of things? I can't tell you how many countless cars I have watched on Mecum or Barrett Jackson and others, that the cost of the build was far more than the sale. worst one I ever saw was a resto mod, they said they had $200k in the car...it sold for $60.

I have been around a long time with cars and most people will tell you that it is difficult to get for the car what you put in to it. very rare. if you are one of the well known tuners/builders etc. like Foose or someone, then maybe you get your money back. otherwise, you can usually forget it.
Don't know why you quoted me, I wasn't referring to you

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,584 ·
My comments and thoughts to the posting above ...

To those of you that just posted above ^^^

I have now carefully taken the time to read what your thoughts and comments are.

Thanks for "Sharing" them here in the "Open" on my Thread on my 2008 Bullitt Mustang. :smile2:
As I sit here on the computer and think about this pricing thing here is what actually comes to me.
(and of course this is simply what I think and my opinion)

Guys & Gals,

I have openly shared with you about my Bullitt Mustang for the past 9 plus years.
For the most part I have not chosen to hide anything from you.
If it was tried and it failed I even posted those things.
I tried in the beginning to even level with member and actually post the cost.
That for those of you that are newer members here did not go well at all.
What happened was all of a sudden a debate on what things should cost and what labor should be.
So, I went in and did an edit and removed all cost.
I did it to possibly help members to see what things really did cost but unfortunately some members wanted to debate those cost.

So, now the Bullitt is at Gateway to be sold or at least offered for sale.
Is it worth the asking price ???
Well surely to goodness just maybe we can just maybe all agree it's up to the Seller and the Company representing it to set the asking price.
Does that mean that everyone has to agree that the Bullitt Mustang in their (Opinion) is worth that asking price ???
The answer to that is actually pretty darn simple with a, YES, everyone has the right to voice your opinions on what you think it is worth.
And everyone can debate what it's actually worth in their opinions.

But, guys & gals keep in mind it's your opinions and we all know that in the end, opinions are simply that, opinions.

Just so you know I have read about Roy's buddy that has the Mustang.
I have also read Roy about what your talent is and what your opinion is on what it would actually cost you to build a 100% Duplicate of my Bullitt Mustang.
All I can say is,
Congratulations to your Buddy/Friend that has the Super-Nice-Mustang.
And also you having the Talent you have to build my Bullitt for the cost you mentioned you are to be, Congratulated.
That's pretty darn cool that you can do that is what I think.

I think that covers for now what I read in the above posts guys.

Thanks again to all of you for your {Continuing-Support} as it surely is Greatly Appreciated from me.

Terry

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm going to play Devil's advocate here.

This is exactly what is wrong with this site these days. He simply stated HIS opinion of the price on the car that is for sale. He's entitled to his opinion and if you disagree with his opinion so be it but how long he's been on the site is irrelevant. He joined in 2013 for the record.
I think it is relevant. Those of us that been here a long time have witnessed from day one the step by step build of the Tigermachine and everything that went into it. Also, the comments that were made about the asking price being too high (asking GT350 money for a a 10yo GT mustang) were out of line, in my opinion, because it was posted after Terry just stated he had nothing to do with the asking price and left it up to Gateway. The whole post just kind of rubbed me the wrong way and I found it disrespectful toward Terry.

·
Car Whisperer
21,380 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,040 Posts
I think it is relevant. Those of us that been here a long time have witnessed from day one the step by step build of the Tigermachine and everything that went into it. Also, the comments that were made about the asking price being too high (asking GT350 money for a a 10yo GT mustang) were out of line, in my opinion, because it was posted after Terry just stated he had nothing to do with the asking price and left it up to Gateway. The whole post just kind of rubbed me the wrong way and I found it disrespectful toward Terry.
Long time? Look left.

<~~~~~~~~~~

Now see, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. You think the car is worth the asking price. That's great but it does mot make it everyone's opinion. I'm curious how stating a fact could possibly rub you the wrong way? Is any of what he said an untruth? There happens to be two people on this site that recently bought GT350's for substantially less than this asking price. What's to be offended by a fact? Just curious, but you don't need to answer.

2017 GT350 $60,500.00 NEW
2008 Bullitt $85,000 10 years old.

That's what I interpreted.

As for rubbing anybody the wrong way, don't you think it should be the seller getting bent about the comments if they truly were offensive. But I digress.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,591 · (Edited)
shortymustang,

Hey guess where I just saw you a few minutes ago :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:

Are we following one another. LOL !!!

Luv your New Machine Dawg. :wink2:

1-Day if things work out,

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,293 Posts
Just a reminder from the Moderators here....

Note: Please keep in mind that the sole purpose of this website is to promote the Ford Mustang BullittTM. If you came here to "flame," "slam," or "knock" the Bullitt, other Mustangs, or the Bullitt owners on this site, don't bother hitting "Agree", your account WILL be deleted, and your posts removed. This is NOT an open public forum for that sort of thing, and ANY form of trolling is not permitted.

Although it should have been obvious, this includes "flaming" of members because of mods, stock vs. non stock, 01 vs. 08/09, etc.. Flaming (car-oriented or otherwise) is NOT acceptable behavior on THIS site.

MODERATOR RESPONSE: Whether seen by a moderator or if it is a reported post, a warning message is sent, reminding the poster that "flaming and personal attacks are not permitted as per the forum rules" and the offending remarks removed. If it happens a second time, the entire thread will be removed and the user will be given a 3-day temporary ban. If the same poster does this again within a 7-day period, the userid will be permanently suspended."

As stated, Religious and/or Political arguments and debates have no place in these forums, and will be removed or locked at the moderators' discretion. We don't like "drama" here, so this type of attention seeker should look elsewhere.
MODERATOR RESPONSE: Same as above except reminding the poster that "religious and/or political arguments or debates are not permitted as per the forum rules".

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,593 ·
Hello Gang,

Well it's a sunny Saturday here in little ole Franklin, TN. :grin2: :smile2: :grin2:

So thinking I might run over later and check on the Bullitt Mustang at Gateway Classic Cars.
Might take some Spray-on-Detailer with me from Adams.
Oh and a Micro Towel .............

Cathy is leaving for a week with her Brother and his Wife to our Condo in Perdido Key, Pensacola Florida.

That's Cathy and her Sister standing on the Balcony.

A view from the Balcony.

Full exercise facilities.

And for those Tennis Lovers.

Here is Rascal helping Mom (Cathy) pack.

Good times coming,

·
Premium Member
2,331 Posts
This discussion is a hoot!

OK, I admit I thought 83K was a lot. But, I sold my '11 GT for 3100 more than I paid for it in 2014. It had about 13K in mods but I also drove it 23,000 miles. I started to get anxious to sell and so took $24K for it. I KNOW it would have sold for the $25K from another buyer, but that's irrelevant as I took $24K.

I also knew the buyer didn't give a hoot about the carbon fiber DS ($1,050), BMR watts link ($700), Tokicos ($700) and a few other mods. Or the Exedy 500 (1,200 including install with new flywheel). Plus other stuff. He just liked the fact that he could spin the tires at 60MPH with drag radials on.

Then there was the '05 I traded in for 400 more than I paid for it. The '07 GT/CS I sold to a guy that shipped it to Saudi Arabia for $100 more than I paid for it. The '09 Bullitt that I sold for what I paid including the mods.

I would not be surprised to see Terry's sales guys find that one person that really wants exactly his car. You cannot know. I wouldn't buy a Camaro for cheap, but I might buy a Mustang for a lot.

I hope Terry, you get your price. The truth is... we want to see the new one! I know you are ordering one but I am anxious to see the new one. With drag strip videos and stuff.

Out with the old, in with the new. Tell Gateway Classics to "get 'er done".

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,596 ·
This discussion is a hoot!

OK, I admit I thought 83K was a lot. But, I sold my '11 GT for 3100 more than I paid for it in 2014. It had about 13K in mods but I also drove it 23,000 miles. I started to get anxious to sell and so took $24K for it. I KNOW it would have sold for the $25K from another buyer, but that's irrelevant as I took $24K.

I also knew the buyer didn't give a hoot about the carbon fiber DS ($1,050), BMR watts link ($700), Tokicos ($700) and a few other mods. Or the Exedy 500 (1,200 including install with new flywheel). Plus other stuff. He just liked the fact that he could spin the tires at 60MPH with drag radials on.

Then there was the '05 I traded in for 400 more than I paid for it. The '07 GT/CS I sold to a guy that shipped it to Saudi Arabia for $100 more than I paid for it. The '09 Bullitt that I sold for what I paid including the mods.

I would not be surprised to see Terry's sales guys find that one person that really wants exactly his car. You cannot know. I wouldn't buy a Camaro for cheap, but I might buy a Mustang for a lot.

I hope Terry, you get your price. The truth is... we want to see the new one! I know you are ordering one but I am anxious to see the new one. With drag strip videos and stuff.

Out with the old, in with the new. Tell Gateway Classics to "get 'er done".
My man Bob,

Well I'll definitely agree with you for sure on ^^^ (This discussion is a hoot!) :grin2: :smile2: :grin2: LOL !!!

Hey Bob since we don't have any issue with communication I'll say a few things to you.

Who really when you come right down to it is to say what, {Overpriced} is for another person's property ???
The answer is simple really is it not, No-One, that's who.

Now will the Bullitt bring all the current asking price ???
Well my Good-Man only time will tell.
Personally I did this thing with Gateway Classic Cars as early on as I possibly could.
(I had to get {Everything} 100% completed on it Before it went to Gateway)
The simple reason being for them to have the Bullitt as long as possible to get it sold.
I figure they have a year to do that very thing before I have to get my thinking cap on to the Bullitt's "Replacement".

You know though what really makes me feel good about this whole matter buddy ???
All the ongoing, continuous support from EVERYONE here on www.IMBOC.com
These guys and gals are the very best on any internet site IMHO (In-My-Honest-Opinion).
No fellow could possibly ask for any better SUPPORT than these members.
So many of the members continue to Text, E-Mail & Call me to say how much they are going to miss the tiger-machine and hope that I'll stick around after it's sold.
Some suggested I simply start a New Thread over on the Area Designated,

<table class="tborder formhome-tborder" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center"><tbody id="collapseobj_forumbit_82"><tr align="center"><td class="alt2">
</td><td class="alt1Active" id="f94" align="left">Nadda Bullitt
Discussions revolving around less wonderous forms of vehicular transportation (Vehicle discussions ONLY).
</td></tr></tbody></table>
So given how many members have already contacted me I might just do that with the tiger-machine's replacement.
I never really thought about it but I can see that the Nadda Bullitt Area would certainly work for sure.
And that would give me a way to stay in contact with {EVERYONE} here on www.IMBOC.com
Bob, all I can say is that it does give this Ole Boy's Heart a darn good, warm feeling to know that so many members want me to continue here on www.IMBOC.com

I do know that a lot of members have traded, sold their Bullitt Mustangs over the years and still come here to hang-out.
Some members don't even have a Bullitt Mustang period and are on this internet site daily posting and staying in touch with EVERYONE.

So given the above it does seem reasonable for me to definitely Stick-Around after the 1,000 H/P and ONLY Automatic 2008 Bullitt in the World is sold.

Well all I can say is it surely gives a fellow my age a doggone good feeling to know that EVERYONE is in Total-Support of the sale of the tiger-machine.

And then to top it off making sure I know there is an area on www.IMBOC.com for me once I select the tiger-machine's Replacement to Hang-Out. :grin2:

Later Bob,
Terry

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,598 ·
Hi Terry,
Any potential offers on the Bullitt ?
Hi Kevin,

I have not heard anything from Gateway Classic Cars at all since putting it on Consignment.
Just my opinion but I'm thinking I will not hear from them unless they get some Legitimate Offer.
As I recall the consignment works on a 90-day (3-Month) renewal.
So, we shall see how things go as time marches by.

Thanks for asking :grin2:

Terry

·
Registered
84 Posts
Its a limited market but I think that's why Terry has it at Gateway to get full exposure. Like any high dollar item its just a matter of finding the right buyer. Price will not be an issue to the right person.

10581 - 10600 of 10615 Posts