Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
10601 - 10615 of 10615 Posts

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,601 ·
Wishing Terry well here...not a car for me, but ass they say, there's a butt for every seat.
Paul, we shall see my hope there is ............

Its a limited market but I think that's why Terry has it at Gateway to get full exposure.
Like any high dollar item its just a matter of finding the right buyer.
Price will not be an issue to the right person.
Kevin,

Exactly .............. :smile2:

Terry

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10,602 ·
Guys, New Holiday Pricing !!!

Guys,

New Holiday pricing on the 2008 Bullitt Mustang.

Had a meeting with the General Sales Manager at Gateway Classic Cars this morning.

I made the (Decision) as to what the New LOWER (Asking) price is going to be for the Holidays.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I blew past Terry on I-270 in Columbus yesterday afternoon in my Focus ST. I wondered at first who on earth would be driving a yellow Hellcat at 45 mph on the outer belt - and then it hit me...

·
Registered
4 Posts
All, I have no idea if anyone still follows this post but I just read it for the first time last night. I was up until 6a.m. reading about Terry's journey and seeing all the awesome support provided by the wonderful members of this forum.

I would like to start off by introducing myself. My name is Richard. I'm a 12 year Army veteran turned car dealer. I own a small used car dealership here in Phoenix, AZ. I am a single father to 3 beautiful little girls. Yesterday, I was looking for inventory for my dealership online through a website called OVE (basically on online dealer auction) when something in my head told me to search Mustangs nationwide. You see, just 2 weeks ago I sold a yellow w/ black stripes 2005 Mustang GT with only 33k miles, a stage 2 Kenne Bell, and a bunch of other bolt on parts. The sale on that particular Mustang went so well, that it prompted me to look for another modified Mustang to sell.

Well, what happened next was what I can only describe as a perfect cosmic alignment. After filtering for Mustangs with 8 cylinder engines and sorting by ascending price, I proceeded to click on every one in the country, looking at the pictures of the engine bays and seeing if any would stand out. After dozens, if not 100s of Mustangs, I hadn't found a single one that really caught my eye.

It was at that point that I reached my monetary limit on how much I was willing to pay for one online, with only pictures and a half assed condition report to go off of. Something, however, told me to keep going, and 5 cars later I came across one that caught my eye....

Across the top of the windshield I saw a decal that read "Brenspeed". On the fenders I saw another decal that read "1000R". These piqued my interest, and so I did a quick Google search. After 10 minutes of research on this car, I was sold. I made an offer to the (dealer?) selling in at auction. After about 6 rounds of offer/counter offer, we finally settled on a price and they sold it to me.

Ladies and gentleman, I am happy to say I had the great fortune of becoming the new owner of this amazing piece of machinery. Although I originally bought it with the full intention of selling it for a profit, after reading the wonderful story behind it, I'm not sure I can part with it. Being a small car dealership, tying up large amounts of money in one car can be detrimental to the business. However, I'm not sure I'll have the heart to part with her once I see her in person and getting behind the wheel. I suppose that just means I'll have to work extra hard for the next few months to make up for the cost of the Tiger Machine.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light
Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Technology

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I got a news feed alert for this thread. Wondered about the fate of the "Tiger machine". It's been a long while since any update. Good luck with your new found purchase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I got a news feed alert for this thread. Wondered about the fate of the "Tiger machine". It's been a long while since any update. Good luck with your new found purchase.

Thank you for the welcome. In the spirit of Terry's wishes for the car, I will be driving it moreso than I probably would otherwise. Hopefully nothing breaks on it any time soon as I won't be able to afford to fix it lol. The in-house mechanic at my dealership is okay, but has no experience with modded cars.

Me too...I always wondered about that car after so much was done to it. Congrats...Terry spared no expense on that car.

Yes sir, I'm well aware. And thank you..I will likely leave it exactly as is for some time, but once my business is more well established I may end up pushing the envelope a little more. I would have to get behind the wheel before deciding obviously, but I would venture to say that I would at least want to reduce the slippage some.

I was amazed I was able to get it at the price I did. Hopefully that doesn't mean the second owner ended up with mechanical problems. I should know by hopefully mid next week when the transport truck brings it from Tennessee to Arizona.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
A lot of people were wondering where the car went. I met Terry in 2010 when car had the original supercharger and a Shaker air intake. And then the really big modding started. He was quite a character and enjoyed the car to say the least.

Reactions: patriot1136

·
Registered
4 Posts
A lot of people were wondering where the car went. I met Terry in 2010 when car had the original supercharger and a Shaker air intake. And then the really big modding started. He was quite a character and enjoyed the car to say the least.
I'm sure I'll enjoy it quite a bit as well 😉. Though I'll definitely be scared to open it up for fear of breaking an expensive part lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wonder if Terry is still around on this forum. It would be awesome if I could get a complete/updated part list. I doubt the 2nd owner gave any real docs to the dealer he/she traded it in to.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I seem to recall- please don't quote me on this- that there were 'issues' w/the car. Don't remember if they were electric or computer-related but the car, at its end before Terry sold it, was almost undrivable. IMHO, the car had been pushed beyond the scope of reasonability in the build. I don't remember if it was a Brenspeed tuning issue or a local shop that did something but there was a lot of consternation about the Tigermachine at the end of that story.

Lordy, I almost hate to even bring this up for fear of reigniting the brouhahah that went hand-in-hand w/that car, Terry and some of the other site members. But I'm sure some will jump in and clarify w/better recall than mine. The sale of that car, however, was the reason Terry left for other pastures and never returned. I imagine he's lurking out there somewhere, though, watching and waiting.
Lee

·
Administrator
5,011 Posts
I have a few pictures that might interest you. They were taken by me the evening of April 2, 2014 in Warsaw, Indiana (near Brenspeed). The next morning we left the hotel for Lufkin, Texas for the 2014 Texas Shootout.

Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I contacted Terry about a year ago, I was trying to find a "Boss" Bullitt hood for 5414 (I'm still searching), tried thru the IMBOC forum but I found him lurking on the Hellcat forum.
He sold the Hellcat and is now driving a High Performance European sedan of some sort. It was a true pleasure talking to him.

Gary

·
Car Whisperer
21,380 Posts
wonder what it sold for....originally, if I recall correctly, the asking was 80K.

·
Registered
379 Posts
no he and the greedy Gateway Motors started out asking the insane price of $100K+.for it.
if i remember correctly they finally sold it for the low $30's over 1 year later.

10601 - 10615 of 10615 Posts