Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The temps in Georgia have recently been in the 40s in the morning. When the car is cold I feel a "catch" going from 1st to 2nd for about 15 mins or so until the car is warm. This was really beginning to get on my nerves. Last Friday I drained the tranny fluid and refilled it with Amsoil Synthetic Universal ATF. It was 42 this morning. The "catch" is totally gone. Shifting into all the gears feels much improved. Expensive stuff at $7.55 a quart but I am no longer annoyed with having to baby it into 2nd until it warms up.

John

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I have the same thing- crunch 1-2.

I'll probably take it to the dealer at least and let them try something once. If there is something funky with the tranny, then it'll be noted.

The fact is, I'm lazy.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have exactly the same problem until the car warms up and it is annoying as hell having to baby it into gear. I will be taking mine to the dealer and telling them to do the fluid change because in their words when i took it in to have them look at it for the grind they said, "we dont see anything wrong with it".......apes

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yeah Thanks John! This seems to be almost universal especially with the weather getting colder.I'm going to try it myself.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Hi John,
Sounds like you got it figured out. Good description also. A hesitation going form 1-2. On mine I would think one day it was OK and the hesitation was just me but after reading your post about changing the fluid, I was driving around a lot and noticed that the hesitation was gone when it was all warmed up.
Thanks for the info, I will change mine with the next oil change.

Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2001-10-11 01:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've been having the same problem until the car warms up, kind of a crunch/hard shift going into second. I'll tell ya what, as much as I love the look of the aluminum ball, it's like shifting a chunk of ice in the mornings. I don't know what's worse, having a shift patern burned into my palm or having my palmn stuck to the shifter! :smile:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey TrueBlue, what kind of fluid did you use and how many quarts are required?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts