Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.25 = 4 runs Saturday, 1 run Sunday.

I managed to get around MSR without embarassing myself too much. I spent a lot of time listening to my instructor in the straightaways (my excuse for letting people pass).

The Bullitt moved pretty well, even with everything as stock. I had some push, but a little faith in the Goodyears pulled it back in. The off camber turns were scary.

I left the TC on the whole time. I -never- saw my TC light come on. I tried to spin the tires but they never broke enough to need the TC. I thought the tires would be a problem but thet did pretty well.

Sunday- pouring rain. We worked on the proper dry line. The rear stepped out a few times in Little Bend and once I went 180deg around going up Horseshoe. DOH! Stayed out of the mud. Whew. Everything was like ice.

The brakes held up well on Saturday. Next-- upgrade pads and add cooling. Maybe some camber plates to help with the push.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Where were you at?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Are you going to the meeting on Thursday?

·
Registered
959 Posts
JayP..Sounds like you had fun! Rain can be a great teacher. Teaches you to be smooth. Glad you stayed on track with the 180.

Wish I had been there.

Brian

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rain was torrential.
There were lakes in Little Bend and Big Bend. Corners 1-5 were slick as snot and #8 was scary in the dry.

We covered a lot in the rain session- but while I was on track, the rain got worse.

People were going off, throwing mud onto the track. I cut my losses and went home while the car was undented and clean.

I thought MSR was boring, until I learned the proper line and had some speed.

Now- I have to get ready for Texas World in January.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Soounds like you did the smart thing, calling it a day. I just refuse to run my car in the wet anymore. Not worth taking a chance wadding it up. I've had enough rain practice.

You'll like TWS. It is long, has some fast turns and is pretty high speed.

Hopefully, I'll see you there.

Brian

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have lapped TWS in the 2:teens with my other cars. I'd like to see what the Bullitt can do.

And I want to shift! I never took it out of 3rd gear around MSR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts