Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Very good! Does your car have any other mods besides the Nitto's?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saleen Powerflash, and No air Silencer...Thats all theres gonna be!
Thats all I am gonna run it too
Powershifted it.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Tell me more. What kinda 60' did ya run? What kinda 1/8 et and trap? What RPM, did ya leave at? What track?

I ask, because the first time out for me was back-to-back 14.92's. Your car went down the 1/4 one and a half seconds quicker than mine. That is great.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2.0 in the 60, it was a Sunday night green-flash(on the tree it would go from red to green) rode out the clutch and powershifted it down the track at 5600rpm's. 14.95?? whooo, must of been bad track conditions.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh I left at 3600rpm....i doubt i will be running it any more. at Fun Ford next year I might run it...but probley show it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-25 15:27, SpeedingBullitt wrote:
<[email protected] on Nitto Drag Radials!!!! :smile:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, cool!! congrats! The two fastest bullitts appear to be right here in Houston.

I'm going to be at HRP tomorrow night with the nittos mounted once again. Come on out and play! This ought to be quite a matchup. I'll have the video camera out and would love to get a Bullitt vs Bullitt on tape!

I'll be there at around 6:00, probably making a first pass around 7:45. It will be DHG model around a bunch of other late model mustangs :grin:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Heck yeah! That would be a show. See who has the fastest one. Maybe me and someone around here could get together and see who has the slowest one :wink:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JB Vobra, well I must warn you...its a got a Saleen Powerflash Chip in it and thats it. If you want me to take it out I will be glad to. I don't wanna run it that much. Thats my weekend ride. When I get my 66 Fastback 289 well have to run em' too. I'll go get my nittos mounted tomorow :smile:
Where do you park at? If i get off of work early, yes I know it sucks to have to work on sunday. I will be there around 6:30
:grin:!

·
Registered
393 Posts
cool speedingbullitt, see you out there. We usually park on the far right side of the parking lot straight ahead of the entrance.

I should be around a bunch of other 99-01 GT's and Cobras. I bet our group will have around 15 cars.

and btw...no need to take the powerflash out. Leave it in. I don't care if I lose :wink: I'll have fun win, lose, or draw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JB VOBRA on 2001-08-26 02:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright thats cool :smile: well i'm at work right now but I should be off by 6:30 and be up there around 6:45 :smile: see ya then

·
Registered
255 Posts
How can you guys powershift a car with the gas still floored and the clutch pressed in? Wont that blow the motor? I hear everyone talk about powershifting but i have never tried it because i thought it would blow the motor at such high rpm's. Any info about shifting and how the car will react would be appreciated.

·
Registered
393 Posts
all my times are granny shifted. I'm sure I could run even lower powershifting, but I know first hand how $hitty these T45(3650) transmissions are. They are crap and can't take much abuse IMO.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Personal best time came on 9-14-01 Ran a best time of 13.55 no mods , falt tires and a slick track lol ... launched at 1400 and shifted 56 58 58 hundred .....509 reaction beeautiful run if you ask me ... At Rt41 dragway in morrocco in ... street car chaos night ...

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-19 00:03, bdspony wrote:
Personal best time came on 9-14-01 Ran a best time of 13.55 no mods , falt tires and a slick track lol ... launched at 1400 and shifted 56 58 58 hundred .....509 reaction beeautiful run if you ask me ... At Rt41 dragway in morrocco in ... street car chaos night ...

WOW on bare rims you should be in the 12's!! :-B

1,169 Posts
On 2001-09-30 15:30, Mus408 wrote:
Another one that found THE BOX!!
LOL :-B

·
Registered
88 Posts
DHG #148 Ran 14.20 @ 97.19 w/ 2.26 60 foot
the car is stock only ran it twice that was my solo run. With my wife we ran 14.40 @96.98mph 2.32 60 foot. I'm sure I could have ran much better time, however I'm disappointed in the MPH of solo run.Less than 5000 miles on car and straight into the drag from 1 1/2 hr. drive to location.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mustang on 2001-10-31 20:42 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 31 Posts