Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was flying to Atlanta to meet MRaburn and go back to Alabama to complete the purchase of #0005. It was a long day, left the house at 4:30 am to get to the airport, didn't leave Alabama with the Bullitt until after 3:00pm. I still made it to Maine in about 23 hours, including a 2 hour nap in Pa when I got too worried about running over one the dozens of dear carcasses I was seeing.
It was a memorable day, I had a great lunch with Mike before leaving with the car. Mike is a great guy with a lot of inside knowledge and many great stories from his time with Stangnet...
Of course the best part of the trip was the fact that I got to bring home an outstanding and unique (to anybody not on this site) automobile. Absolutely no regrets at all about buying the car...J.R. :cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4fit? said:
Congrats John! My 1 year anniversary with #00453 will be coming up in less than a month. Time flies when you're having fun!
So true!!

On a related note we leave for Myrtle Beach tomorrow. The leak I spoke of in another thread seems to be gone, but stranger things have happened. It is slightly possible that a distress thread may be posted at some point....Hopefully not. I have tools and 2 spare belts including the original belt so I can bypass the Vortech if I need to. I went out today and really "drove" the B to test the repair with a lot of boosted runs, and still not a drop.....:cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rblack4405 said:
Good luck on the trip and this last year went very quick.
It's been close to a year for you & the termi, hasn't it? I remember when you put your B up for sale. You replaced it with a more than worthy substitute...:cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bullitt 736 said:
Congrats John! Seven years this week for me and 736.
I'm hoping to be in a position several years from now to add another to my stable as you did. It would be really great to find a low mileage used 2008 and "tweak it" a bit....Time will tell. I do envy those of you who are able to have owned both years as new cars, that's pretty cool....:cool:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
John,
Congratulations! It's been 1-1/2 years for me....the time flies, and I love it everytime I get into it!

My purchase story is not quite as dramatic as yours. I left my house at 9:00AM to drive 2-1/2 miles to my dentist's house to pick up the Bullitt. Even after a great visit, I was back home by 11:00. Unlike you, I didn't even have to stop for a nap:wink:

Like you, I would like someday to pick up a 2008 Bullitt. I've already planted a bug in my dentist's ear. That way I can pick up a 25-30k mile pristine example by 2013:lol:

Bruce

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
brucebotti said:
John,
Congratulations! It's been 1-1/2 years for me....the time flies, and I love it everytime I get into it!

My purchase story is not quite as dramatic as yours. I left my house at 9:00AM to drive 2-1/2 miles to my dentist's house to pick up the Bullitt. Even after a great visit, I was back home by 11:00. Unlike you, I didn't even have to stop for a nap:wink:

Like you, I would like someday to pick up a 2008 Bullitt. I've already planted a bug in my dentist's ear. That way I can pick up a 25-30k mile pristine example by 2013:lol:

Bruce
Funny you should say that, MRaburn replaced his Bullitt with a GT500 for Stangnet's project vehicle. Who knows, maybe 5 years from now Stangnet will be looking to do another one off project and the GT500 will be available........

You must be really anxious to get the KB in and then drive! Make sure you've got that thing pointed straight when the inevitable first romp happens :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1mach1 said:
Happy anniversary!
Thanks, I think we just drove by your area a bit earlier. We are staying in the Manassas area while traveling to Myrtle Beach....It's muggy down here...

·
Registered
722 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Thanks, I think we just drove by your area a bit earlier. We are staying in the Manassas area while traveling to Myrtle Beach....It's muggy down here...
:eek::eek::eek:

That's the first time I haven't seen your write in italics :D. I'm proud of you!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DiZzyBonne said:
:eek::eek::eek:

That's the first time I haven't seen your write in italics :D. I'm proud of you!
:lol: I was tired from the day's drive..:cool:

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Congrats John.....Seems like you been around longer because of all the time you spent before hand being on here researching and chatting .......You have one AWESOME Bullitt!!!!!!!!Its a one of kind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Funny you should say that, MRaburn replaced his Bullitt with a GT500 for Stangnet's project vehicle. Who knows, maybe 5 years from now Stangnet will be looking to do another one off project and the GT500 will be available........

You must be really anxious to get the KB in and then drive! Make sure you've got that thing pointed straight when the inevitable first romp happens :lol: :lol:
John,
It is always nice to purchase something from someone you can trust to have taken good care of it..:lol:

I've been trying to get it installed despite all types of family / work committments. I've also been telling myself to "take your time....there's no huury....do it right". I'll take your advice and keep the wheels pointed straight. I learned that while building Cobra replicas as a "sideline"..:wink:

Glad your trip is going well!

Bruce

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
brucebotti said:
John,
It is always nice to purchase something from someone you can trust to have taken good care of it..:lol:

I've been trying to get it installed despite all types of family / work committments. I've also been telling myself to "take your time....there's no huury....do it right". I'll take your advice and keep the wheels pointed straight. I learned that while building Cobra replicas as a "sideline"..:wink:

Glad your trip is going well!

Bruce
Those Cobra replicas are some nasty beasts!! If it were not for the wife not being in love with the open top concept it's possible that I may have gone that route. As you know, not too practical in New England, we get 2 weeks of summer and the rest of the year it's either raining, snowing, or just too cold for an open top :smile:

Anxiously awaiting your feedback on the KB install, and especially your first post install driving impressions...JR :cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pronkie1 said:
Congrats John.....Seems like you been around longer because of all the time you spent before hand being on here researching and chatting .......You have one AWESOME Bullitt!!!!!!!!Its a one of kind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's true, I did spend a few months before choosing the car I ended up with doing a lot of research. I've said it before, but it bears repeating that this site was a big part of why I ended up choosing any Bullitt. Add to that the fact that I first found the car listed on this site and IMBOC's significance is even greater....:cool:

·
Premium Member
18,865 Posts
Congratulations, John.

It seems like it was two years ago.

You had done quite a bit of research.

Also, is it INSANO FOR ZAINO time yet?

:py1:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.