Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL...
Well she's not perfect anymore...but close.
A couple of character marks...eh..no big deal..
Still lots of fun though!
I was able to drive an 05 f-150 for a few months and was worried when I climbed back into the mustang..and it felt...well..odd.
Nothing a few spirited miles didn't cure though.
Good to see new people on here..and really good to see some of the same people that was around in 01.
Hope everyone has a great and safe spring/summer!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Yes 1543 has 18,500 and waiting for a new motor. You have a great summer also.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
DHGBULLITT said:
Yes 1543 has 18,500 and waiting for a new motor.
Because you want one or because you need one! :eek:

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Because I NEED ONE !!!!. and it was my fault that it went BOOM !!!
Am building one using an 03 cobra block,crank, and rods. Am using the heads off the bullitt motor so that i can put my K-B back on it.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Blackbullitt4203 said:
10,935 miles..Anyone have more...
good god man
have you even driven the thing? :D

I have nearly 8 times that amount

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
DHGBULLITT said:
Because I NEED ONE !!!!. and it was my fault that it went BOOM !!!
Am building one using an 03 cobra block,crank, and rods. Am using the heads off the bullitt motor so that i can put my K-B back on it.
nice.

IM getting fuel codes and high temp codes at high RPMs, so i may be replacing the motor in mine soon as well. i may try to before it goes boom lol.

63,000 miles here and everyday driver.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Mine went because I put the wrong fuel in and didnt hear or feel the detonation because it was so light. Before that i had absoulutly no problems at all. Just be careful.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
nice.

IM getting fuel codes and high temp codes at high RPMs, so i may be replacing the motor in mine soon as well. i may try to before it goes boom lol.

63,000 miles here and everyday driver.
have you checked into what the problem is?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
rblack4405 said:
have you checked into what the problem is?
i believe the fuel code is just the fuel pump going empty and not being able to suport the amount of fuel needed at that high of an rpm, I shift at 6200-6300, and the high temp fuel code i have absolutly no idea what it is. i ask that question in the thread i start but got no answers. ill be upgrading to the Cobra dual-pump tank though, maily cause ill be road racing, and i wont need to go that high in the rpm band anymore, unless i get next to someone on the road :D

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Blackbullitt4203 said:
LOL...
Well she's not perfect anymore...but close.
A couple of character marks...eh..no big deal..
Still lots of fun though!
I was able to drive an 05 f-150 for a few months and was worried when I climbed back into the mustang..and it felt...well..odd.
Nothing a few spirited miles didn't cure though.
Good to see new people on here..and really good to see some of the same people that was around in 01.
Hope everyone has a great and safe spring/summer!
It's good to see #4204's close cousin! #4204 is still high and dry with 11,500 miles. Still in love with my Bullitt!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
566 has just over 31,600 miles (approx 51,000 kilometers) but it's had 2 transmission transplants. I'm the second owner. All "transplants" were done on warranty by the prior owner. The "stock" tranny from the factory had major problems as it was one of the early editions of the T-3650, the second tranny had the 1-2 gear issue which was repaired and shortly after there was an issue with the 3rd and 4th gears and it was also replaced on warranty. Transmission # 3 is running very smoothly :)

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Good lord!!!
All these cars with mileage 3230 had 5, 6 years ago!!!
3230 is being rebuilt at 120k.....getting ready for another session of 120k worth of grins!
You all can sit and stare at yours in the garage.....I'm having fun!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dunno exactly, passed 40K a month or so ago. It's my only car, driven daily, but I don't have far to go between home and work. Any of you high-mileage owners have cars as busted up as mine is? Paint chips, scratches, windshield dings, the poor thing looks old.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Micah mine has the chips, scratches and I am soooo happy it does, means I am driving and enjoying, also adds character.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
BULLITT3230 said:
Good lord!!!
All these cars with mileage 3230 had 5, 6 years ago!!!
3230 is being rebuilt at 120k.....getting ready for another session of 120k worth of grins!
You all can sit and stare at yours in the garage.....I'm having fun!
Well where i live 1543 gets stored for the winter and is not a daily driver in the summer.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts