Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new 100MM system is ready having passed all the R&D criteria for idle, A/F ratio, etc.. The Cobras picked up about the same performance increase as the Bullitt but didn't lose any low end torque. The shop toll free # is: 866-509-7453. The upgrades to the current system are also ready.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
www.densecharger.com
Everyone who's dealth with them has been extremely satisfied. John and his products are highly reccomended.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Hey John,How did the Cobra do on it's dyno runs with the 4 inch unit? Any gains at 6000--6500 RPM? I have been out of town since Friday.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 01 Cobra was the only one dynoed so far. The car went pig rich at 5000 up. They pulled the DENSECHARGER and ran it again with nothing on the MAF meter. It went pig rich again at 5000 up. Turns out the factory MAF meter or the programming is way off. The only valuable info in relation to the DENSECHARGER was that it did show a 2hp increase in the down position over the up position.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I ordered the 100 mm (4 inch) system today. I'm really looking forward to installing it. I also just want to thank John for being so informative and upfront about his system. We really need more performance dealers that handle his customers like he does. Thanks!!!!:-B

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey Rod, keep us informed on how well it performs and how the installation went. I was planning on making this my first mod along with the stuff from MGWLTD.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Roger that, Besides the K&N filter, this will be my first mod and it should come in next Tuesday. I'll make sure to post my experience with the install and performance. I'm not expecting a real noticable gain but it should breathe alittle better. It's going to take a few of the right mods before they work in unisen together.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also ordered and received my 100mm Densecharger, I haven't put it in yet because I wanted to get the car dyno'd before and after and I was also adding the alum. driveshaft and underdrive pulleys.

I have to admit that even without installing the Densecharger I am impressed with the company. I received several emails asking about the order and they seem genuinely interested in their product and whether or not I am happy with it. Heck, I would buy the durn thing just because they are a pleasure to deal with. Anyway I may go ahead and do a practice install just to get a SOTP impression with just the Densecharger. Will post my impressions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The DenseCharger is in, piece of cake. Much easier than some of the other CAI's to install. I took it for a relatively active drive right after the install, does seem to make a difference, although I think some of that is the result of standing in the Houston heat and being eaten by mosquitoes. I am currently running it in the down position but I will probably adjust it to the up position to see how that works.

I put it on without even putting the car up on ramps because I am going to take it back off in a few days, put the alum. driveshaft on and the underdrive pulleys and then get it dynoed. I had thought I would only test the fitment of the pieces but it was so easy I went ahead and finished it up. No driveability issues at all even though I did take the power off the 'brain' so it would re-tune.

The only hint I could think of at this time would be to use liquid soap on the pieces to make them slide on a little easier. Of course now I get soap bubbles out the exhaust whenever I powershift from 2nd to 3rd. Just kidding.

Write if you have any questions.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Some notes before you dyno test. Try your test with and without the MAF screen. My tests showed several HP thru out the entire RPM range without the screen. Also bring a leaf blower with you,a small electric one will work,as it simulates the airflow at speed around the air inlet.....Aim it at the fog light hole. Was worth a real 5 RWHP.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the advice about the leafblower, are you sure the dyno shop isn't going to laugh when I show up with it! :smile:

In my case I was going to dyno the car stock and then put the densecharger, alum. driveshaft, and underdrive pulleys on and re-test it. I was interested in seeing the cumulative hp gain. Your test sounds more precise in that you were looking to know the specific plus of each component. It is a fair drive for me to get to the shop to dyno the car, so I wanted to minimize the trips.

The only thing I am hesitating on is the fact that I am going to purchase an x-pipe so might want to wait for that and also after everything is added, I want them to burn me a custom chip. I guess I would have to pay for an additional dyno run if I wanted to see the before and after chip tuning. Oh well, I guess it is only money and time!

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts