Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any opinions on which one to go with? I'm thinking the 100mm will flow better on the top end, while the 77 will provide more torque from a standstill. The next mod will be to the exhaust system, then a chip. With that in mind, recomendations?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I put on the 100mm the other day. I don't have any prior experience with the Densecharger, but 2404 is now able to breath a lot better during hard acceleration. I notice the difference in throttle response. We had some cooler weather prior to installation, so the difference in response was in addition to what I noticed from the colder temps. It's an inexpensive, easy to install, and low-key mod. And like the aluminum driveshaft and Tri-ax, they can easily be swapped back out with the stock parts to restore the original condition of the machine.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The 100mm system is the recommended one for twin throttle bodied applications, and I'm VERY happy with mine. To get an even better launch I put in 3.73's also. The combination is a marriage made in Heaven.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I got the 77mm cause it was the only one i could justify pricewise. i was already pushing it since i originally was planning on getting only a $55 K&N. So the $94 shipped for the 77mm was $39 more.

Plus, looking at the inlet at the MAF sensor, it is actually smaller than the 77mm tube. Only so much air can get in at any one time. So I figured I wasn't going to lose much by goin on the cheap.

Maybe I should have gotten the 100mm, maybe I shouldn't have gotten it at all and just stuck with a stock K&N. I don't see it as being a huge difference either way.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I went with the 100mm because I talked to the guy(forgot his name)at the company. He recommended the 100mm due to the fact the car would get more mid and high power. He stated the Bullitt has good low end anyway. Soooo I took his word for it. I'm happy with the improved performance.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Ok, call me a dork..but what exactly does the densecharger do. Do it provide more airflow to the MAF...and if I do put one in, what kind of warranty voiding am I doing. Just a few questions from the non-mechanically inclined.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, great forum, lots of great input quick! I actually have an email dialog going with John at Densecharger and have decided to go with the BullittClub consesus and do the 100mm unit. In another topic, I saw reference to a group buy on a Tri-Ax, but can't find any details. Anybody have a link? I think after the Tri-Ax, I'm going to go with a drive shaft then wheel spacers. Then I'll get into headers/X-pipe and a chip.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will un-restrict air flow to the intake system. The factory unit is a compromise between air flow and cabin noise (that sucking sound you hear when you put your foot in it will be louder). I doubt any dealer would tell on you for installing a Densecharger, its not like you're putting a blower on. Technically, however, I believe it would affect you waranty. Just put the OEM unit back in before taking it in for service, though and you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
630 Posts
John is a hell of a nice guy. He suggested the 100mm. Ordered mine this morning. Thanks again Bullitt club!
BB00797

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bought my Bullitt this Saturday so I am kind of new at this, so what in the world is a DENSECHARGER and what does it do for the car???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#3796 on 2001-10-24 12:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It replaces the air filtration system from the air inlet to the MAF with a tuned tube and a K&N. Basically smoothes out and increases air flow to the engine.

Are you new to hot-rodding or just to the Bullitt? Congrats and my compliments on your acquisition and fine taste in automobiles!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts