Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to the Kemah show tonight and was over at Chilis eating dinner when I got a phone call about my car. Apparently somone decided to let thier grandson drive one of those little gas powered scooters that you see on the side of the road for sale all the time, and the next thing you know he hit my car. I ran out there to see what had happened and was crushed. He hit my bottom bumper and my lower grill poped off and also sracthed my bumper with green paint from the scooter, and put a deep sratch on my hood. His grandfather had insurance, but how is insurance going to pay to get my car fixed when his grandson was driving someone elses scooter. Luckly I have the clear bra on, and that should help out the hood. Well I am done with ranting...here are some pictures...

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
CRAP! What is it with people. Just let their kids run rampant all over the place, then they give them something with a motor on it to double their "pleasure". What about the rest of the world? What if that kid was buzzing around and got out in front of someone and was killed by the accident? I bet Grandpa's insurance wouldn't cover that! They would be after the person driving the car that the kid rode out in front of! DANG! Wake up people!

OK, rant over. I hope you get you car repaired to good as new. Still sucks.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I never understand when people allow that sort of thing at a car show. The car show officials should have stepped in and stopped it before it even started.

I've seen morons looking at cars at shows while still on their bicycles too. Sitting on them or pushing them around is a no no.

Looks to me like you need a new bumper cover and lower grille insert at least. I wouldn't settle for any less. The hood looks dented, and that may have 'travelled' farther back in the aluminum than is apparent now.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
RCSignals said:
I never understand when people allow that sort of thing at a car show. The car show officials should have stepped in and stopped it before it even started.

I've seen morons looking at cars at shows while still on their bicycles too. Sitting on them or pushing them around is a no no.

Looks to me like you need a new bumper cover and lower grille insert at least. I wouldn't settle for any less. The hood looks dented, and that may have 'travelled' farther back in the aluminum than is apparent now.
RIGHT ON, RC.

Let's all of us take active duty at all car shows to stop all kids on any kind of vehicle, board or bike.

This happens too often.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
But there is something even worse. I pulled into a Border's Books in Brandon, Florida one night in April and parked next to an S197 Mustang GT.

It had been keyed all the way around. It did not look fresh at all.

OMG ... just imagine........... made me sick

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,277 Posts
And how about those people bending over looking into your car with their jacket zippers hitting your paint. :eek: Or the purses that bang up against your car when women come in close.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Man sorry to hear. Unfortunately this is just a cruise in at a Target parking lot. No one to complain to. Private property so you can't call the police. It is an at your own risk event. It seems the Bullitt curse continues....

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Hi All,
This kind of damage comes under the insurance heading of "Comprehensive" coverage. (like cracked windshields and vandalism)

Check the deductible of your comprehensive coverage. It is probably much lower than your collision deductible.

I had a 91 year-old lady drive into the back of my DD while I was inside a car wash going through the brushes. My insurance covered all of the damage.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called the police and they came and did a report. There was no ticket giving, but at least I have all the information and a number of the incident for the police file. I should be able to call the police Monday and get a copy of the report... Kind of weird though,Kemah police patrols the road, and Clear Lake Shores Police patrols the parking lot..found that out tonight. Also didn't know that when you call 911 on my cell phone it locks it in and you can't call anyone else execpt 911 again and it somehow goes into an emergency mode. I had to ask the policeman how to trun it off..and he showed me.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RCSignals said:
Because the car is new it qualifies for all new OEM parts. Don't settle for any less.

I'm with you on that one RC... I wonder how a GT500 front bumper would look...Just a thought

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gesner said:
So what happened to the kid? Broken bones? stitches?

He was okay, just a little scared. The cop asked him 3 times if he was okay and he said yes. I really hope he learned something from this,but I bet he didn't. Not only does the grandfather have to pay to get my car fixed, he also has to pay to get the scooter fixed as well. I think he broke a headlight and something else...

·
Registered
28 Posts
gesner said:
So what happened to the kid? Broken bones? stitches?
I know what should have happened to that kid BRUISED A$$ WITH A BOOT IN IT:evil:
Damn Chem that sucks:mad:
I was wondering where you were..I was parked right next to a 2001 bullit but never saw the driver and as I was leaving saw another 2001 pull in but the guy driving it seemed kinda tied up to chat...

Well look at it like this.Steve McQeen had a dent in the original Bullit to, just adds CARisma...

Tell people a SRT8 wouldnt get out of your way so you had to GET HIM LOOSE:lol:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
People that let there kids run wild at the car meets really **** me off!! I've made more than one Mom feel like crap for letting there kids run rampant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
steelfalcon29 said:
People that let there kids run wild at the car meets really **** me off!! I've made more than one Mom feel like crap for letting there kids run rampant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totaly agree with you.... People should be respective of other peoples cars...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts