Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a pinging or spark knock while accelerating at low rpms. turns out after diagnostic that TSB 01-12-3 applied. Wow, I did not realize how rough the car was running and sounded until after the TSB. The car starts immediately now, accelerates faster and smoother and seems to have more power with better throttle response. Also, had the clunk in the trany, dealer found two extremely loose bolts attaching the cross memeber support of the trany. This got rid of the clunk and some slop. Also had the water spots in headlight, like every one else, and each and every one in stock at delership had them to. Am having to wait for new shippment. After finding these problems dealer did a complete look over but did not find other problems. I am very pleased with the service and can't tell you how much better I feel about the car since having this done. I suggest all take their cars in for a look over based on all the posts of problems concerning engine pinging, clunk in trans, etc. You may be suprised at what they find and how much better the car is once it is performing as intended. I want to thank all who have posted their problems and solutions, for that is what prompted me to take my car in. Very, very glad I did.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OKCBULLITT on 2001-08-11 18:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
937 Posts
So what's the deal...? Should we all go and verify that we have the TSB 01-12-3. My number is #3055. It runs fine to me but I guess I'll take it in anyway and have it checked.

As soon as I sell my 89GT... a Vortech will dress up my engine compartment.

www.bullittclub.com rules

·
Registered
835 Posts
This TSB, Technical Service Bulletin, probably applies to the computer code. Those of us with lower number cars have KSG1 for a code. You guys with later cars, something above 2000, have KSG2 for a code. I'd bet that this particular TSB is the one that Art Hyde told me about. If we have the G1 code, Ford will upgrade us to G2.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The copy of the TSB does not say anything that indicates a change other than a decal that has a new part number on it listed as 1R3Z-AC, the old number was 1R3A-AB. Any way looking at the service ticket they ran a full engine diagnostic and computer dianostic. If you are not experiencing the pinging from the engine under acceleration your probably good. But what can it hurt to take in undre warranty and have them run the dianostic checks on it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts