Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12 Hours of Sebring is going on this Saturday. A friend and I are going to be heading that way to check it out. Anyone else going by chance?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should fly down for it. It gives you an excuse to thaw out from a cold winter up there. It's already into the 80's down here. Use the excuse that you have to take the little ones to Disney or something. Then send them to Disney as you head south 1.5hrs to the race :smile:
 

·
Car Whisperer
Joined
·
20,780 Posts
I've always wanted to go to this and never have. someday.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've said the same thing for the past couple of years. That's exactly why I'm forcing myself this year. I've never been to an event like this before so I have no idea what to expect.
 

·
Quest for single digits
Joined
·
12,030 Posts
hollow_point said:
You should fly down for it. It gives you an excuse to thaw out from a cold winter up there. It's already into the 80's down here. Use the excuse that you have to take the little ones to Disney or something. Then send them to Disney as you head south 1.5hrs to the race :smile:
Did that in February. Next year I'll have to change the dates. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,773 Posts
hollow_point said:
12 Hours of Sebring is going on this Saturday. A friend and I are going to be heading that way to check it out. Anyone else going by chance?
I used to go there every year in the early to mid-80's when IMSA was in it's prime and back when the racing teams were laundering drug profits ;). Group 44 Jaguar, Whittington Bros., Apache Motorboats, Kreepy Krauley, Red Lobster, Interscope Racing, Brumos, Bayside Disposal, and John Paul Sr. & Jr. all were running either Porsche 935's and later 962's or Lola & March chassis and put on a good show. A gang of us would show up on Wednesday night and camp through Sunday morning. The infield was a crazy place whether during the night or day. I imagine it's still a major party scene. I wonder if the "F-Troop" group from Ft. Lauderdale still hangs out there?
I hope you have a great time...make sure you leave plenty of brain cells there :lol: .
 

·
Quest for single digits
Joined
·
12,030 Posts
Bullitt4003 said:
I used to go there every year in the early to mid-80's when IMSA was in it's prime and back when the racing teams were laundering drug profits ;). Group 44 Jaguar, Whittington Bros., Apache Motorboats, Kreepy Krauley, Red Lobster, Interscope Racing, Brumos, Bayside Disposal, and John Paul Sr. & Jr. all were running either Porsche 935's and later 962's or Lola & March chassis and put on a good show. A gang of us would show up on Wednesday night and camp through Sunday morning. The infield was a crazy place whether during the night or day. I imagine it's still a major party scene. I wonder if the "F-Troop" group from Ft. Lauderdale still hangs out there?
I hope you have a great time...make sure you leave plenty of brain cells there :lol: .
Actually Greg, while you're out and about the Detroit area keep an eye out for all the brain cells I left there in January
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've also been known to leave some "brain cells" in Detroit. Usually around the third week of August along Woodward Ave. I'll be sure to toast a couple in your honor tomorrow!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top