Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with the 12V power outlet in the lower dash? Sometimes when I turn the car off the power (and radar detector) go off. Other times it doesn't go off. What's up with that? Am I missing something? I prefer the power go off with the ignition but whatever it does it should be consistent. Any ideas or similar experiences? Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What's up with the 12V power outlet in the lower dash? Sometimes when I turn the car off the power (and radar detector) go off. Other times it doesn't go off. What's up with that? Am I missing something? I prefer the power go off with the ignition but whatever it does it should be consistent. Any ideas or similar experiences? Thanks!
I may have figured this out. Seems when you first power the car the outlet goes hot. It will stay hot after you turn the car off IF there's still some current draw. So, if you had a phone charging the power would stay on until the phone no longer required power (was fully charged). The problem with the radar detector is that it's always drawing power when it's on so the power to the outlet never goes off when you turn the car off. If you unplug the detector the car senses no power draw and the 12 volts goes off until the car is starter again. Make sense? Too complicated? Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts