Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Norwalk on Sun. Got 3 runs in. Got into the 13's on street tires. About 24 psi.
Had a great time.
1st run 14.20 r/t .62 60' 2.34 100.43 mph
2nd run 13.995 r/t .927 60' 2.06 99.50 mph
3rd run 14.334. r/t .65 60' 2.3 99.33 mph
I had to drive 2Hrs to get there car never really cooled down. will download slips now file to large

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Congratulations on beating me to the 13's :grin: I wish I could knock down one of those 2.06 60' times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-11-05 18:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments
I'm still smiling
Next season I'm going with NITTO's. I want traction.

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jjrocks on 2001-11-05 20:10 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
JJ thats what i've been saying all along, Traction Traction Traction!!! After my 1st trip to the track with my Bullitt I new i need traction. It's NICE to hit 13's with stock tires but the stock tires are not cheap.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I really ain't an expert in drag racing or anything but let me tell you some stuff I've learned the last few months.

Speedshifting:
The only way you will ever get good at this is find an empty road and just unleash on your tranny. Do some easy 1st to 2nd gear runs followed by 2nd to 3rd runs. Concentrate 2nd to 3rd gear the most. The faster you can get this, the better times you will get as 3rd gear is critical to your 8th and 1/4th times. That is definately something I worked very hard on and still having problems getting down right.

Spinning:
My best friend put this to me very bluntly. Drop it in 2nd, rev and hold at 5 grand, pop the clutch and make sure you have your brakes on tight. He stalled twice on the track because he didn't think he needed too much pressure on the brakes. We all laughed at him. Or what I do is spin and let it carry me through the staging lane, almost as if I had a bad ass powerful super car... which in 3 of the 4 adjectives, I do. :smile:

Launching:
This is a really tricky part of the game. JB and the others would know more about this than I do among other things as well. I typically stage at 2 grand or just under but never below 1800. If you do, the car seems to bog for a sec then go. Sometimes, it'll die on you too. Obviously we all know that the drier and stickier the tire, the better traction. It's ok to loose traction a bit. But if you're loosing too much, you're not spinning your tires enough. There might be other thing involved too. Best way to practice this before going to tracks are going to an area where there are very little, no cops and very good pavement. Feel your cars clutch and spin cycle. Where does it spin? How fast do you release your clutch? All these things are really important in a good launch. Reaction time will come in time.

That's about all I can think of. Please guys, I don't mean to hog up the spotlight. If I've said something wrong or misguided, please correct me. I'm still learnin. :smile: But only from the best!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts