Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have come to the realization that I am going to have to give up my Bullitt for a while (who knows how long) 1700 miles and its ticking like a worn out singer. I cannot believe that I will be making my first payment while some yahoo is tearing down the top of my engine!

·
Registered
15 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-18 10:21, bullittboy wrote:
Well I have come to the realization that I am going to have to give up my Bullitt for a while (who knows how long) 1700 miles and its ticking like a worn out singer. I cannot believe that I will be making my first payment while some yahoo is tearing down the top of my engine!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>Do you know what the cause is yet? I have # 1635, 700 miles so far, so good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have DHG#148 in Georgia no engine problem yet, but waiting for new Transmission direct from Tremec, it seems that the transmission is needed by many.....

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Dang.. See my post in the main Bullit group.

227 to get a NEW Motor;-(.

Both head gaskets are blown. Ford wants to put a new motor in it. You can read the details in the other section, but I am asking for a NEW car. Truns out I have to do a bunch of work on my end to get around this.

What are the details of your problem? If you don't mind me asking. Did you have blown head gaskets? If so are they planning on repairing the car or replacing the motor. On my car both head gaskets are blown and they are getting a complete new motor to put in the car.

If you want, you can eMAIL me direct at [email protected]

Thanks

Bud
http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

·
Registered
255 Posts
What did you guys do to blow both head gaskets? Are you dogging the car or did they just blow for no reason?

·
Registered
243 Posts
It would take some serious effort on the drivers end to blow a head gasket on a 2001 car. It's gotta be a bad motor. Buy the way Bud, whats the latest on yours?

T.J.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Oh no!!!! I have been noticing a ticking noise from what seems like the drives side engine area. Initially thought it was the sound of the valves. Now I am convinced that it sounds like an exhaust leak. Maybe it is a head issue. I ran two tanks of 89 octane to determine if this would reduce the noise. This had no effect on the noise. Will post an update once the dealer advises on the cause and fix....

Bullitt #2276
No Mods...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: donwil on 2001-10-22 00:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hi Guys,

Ford has had a few other Bullitts with blown head gaskets and is or has put new motors in the cars. They don't seem to know why they went or even if the new motors will solve the problem. I stopped by the dealership Friday afternoon and my car was there, but the esclation manager had left. I told him I wanted to look at the car but he left;-(. But that's another story. The good news is that the NEW motor is in and once the get the paint problems figued out the car should be back in my hands;-). At least I think I'm happy about that;-)...

More later.

Bud

PS This puts the car in the shop for over two monts. Not all at once but a couple of weeks at a time. I have made two payments with no car at all. Very upset with the lack of compensation for this from Ford. I know they took my money when I could not drive the car;-(...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-10-22 01:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Yup, I have all the info that can be sent in for the lemon law. I'm also working with the dealer on this. But according to them the area rep cannot do anything for me at this time. I find that hard to believe. I know when I worked for Chevrolet that the area rep could do a lot in a situation like this.

I finally got a hold of the Manager and he is going to deliver the car to my house this afternoon. So with any luck I'll have the car back today. Not holding my breath on this one though.

Thanks for the info.

Bud

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have been dealing with this ticking noise for over a month now with 2 different dealers and they both say that it is an exhaust leak that the bullitt and the cobra both have. Ford knows of the noise and is looking for a fix according to them, if you can believe that anyway. They say that is is most definitely not a valve or engine problem but the noise will drive you crazy. I dont think ford will get serious about fixing this nuisance until we as a forum gang together and make them. Anyone with any contacts at ford to start this ball rolling? I told the dealer if i had wanted a model T, i would have bought one. I still love the car though and have noticed that once it warms up that it runs like a bat out of hell. Problem is that it takes an hour to warm up in sub 60 degree weather.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Escrotumus........
What thermostat are you running? A low-temp thermostat (160) requires quite a bit of extra time to warm up the engine in cool weather because it opens up much sooner. If you have a 160, try putting the original back in for winter.

·
Registered
255 Posts
its all stock, by warmup i mean that the car in general takes a while to warmup, the tranny fluid, the front end, tires etc. Once the tranny fluid gets warm then it shifts as smooth as a babies butt, problem is it seems to take at least 30-60 mins before this happens when its cold outside.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Well #227 came home today. Paint looks GREAT in the sun but like #$%$ in the garage. The Manager at the dealer ship would not return any of my calls to have the front rubbed one more time and done right so now it's all under the paint. Tomorrow I will stop by and have a nice little chat with him;-(...

Now for the BAD news. I have the new engine in the car, but it ticks like crazy. The orginal motor did NOT do this. So looks like it's going back into the shop. This time I'm making them give me a car;-)...

Bummed Bud
http://sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Bummed Bud #227

Hold firm and get it done right. There may be others of us that have to take the same road if Ford does'nt address these issues.

Good luck on the new car. Will it be another Bullitt?

·
Registered
630 Posts
I am sad reading this forum. And to think that I was upset over Ford not putting the correct rocker sills on my car is petty. Hank in there you guys and take it back until it is right.
BB00797

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
YOOOOO HOOOOO - I THINK I have some good news for a change. I've now run through 2 tanks of premium fuel, the high grade not the middle. Its AMAZING, the ticking noise is somewhere close to GONE. At least I can say that it is no where close to the level prior to running 87 or 89 octane. Now I really have to listen and I may or may not hear it, imigination can play tricks on us over 40 types ya know.

Man I hope this is true...........

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
Same here Nasty. #344 runs smooth as a baby's ass! Are we the lucky ones or are they the few that escaped the assembly line thoroughly unchecked by the techs?

·
Registered
204 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
I always run 87 octane and mine's as smooth and quiet as a sewing machine.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I only run 87 octane as well and have had no problems whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts