Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, 161 is getting sold to make room for new toy. Talked to the bank today and if all works out will have new toy in a week or so. I will still frequent the board if yall dont mind as yall are kinda like a family to us..............

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I guess it's going to disappear in all that smoke? :wink: Seriously, tell us what new toy you're getting to replace the Bullitt?

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just bought my wife an Excursion and got me a Z06. It's in San Antiono now and is coming by truck in the next few days.

·
Registered
147 Posts
"A puff of greasy smoke, and poof...he was gone" :smile:

Hope you enjoy your new toy, though I can't imagine saying goodbye to my Bullitt. Stick around, I think everyone here welcomes having car enthusiasts stay onboard, regardless of what they're driving.

(mumbling and patting his pockets as he walks away)"Now where'd I put that packet of greasy smoke..."

·
Registered
822 Posts
I can't blame you...If I wasn't a poor college kid, I would get a vette too. Lucky duck :smile: Drive safe..and stop by and chat every now and then. Just don't ask me to race ya..I hate loosing that badly. :smile:

·
Registered
112 Posts
z06- not bad not bad, even if i had the money i would stay with my bullitt but the zo6 is nice even when its looking at the rear end of a 92 hatchback stang like one did at the track last night :smile:

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Z06 - Awesome car.
My dad has one and I put a few miles on it when I was in Michigan in September.
In fact, I had it up to 145 mph on 9-11 just minutes before I found out that the WTC was hit.
One of things I will remember about that particular day.....at least THIS memory will be a fond one.
Seriously, congrats on the purchase.
Is that a 2001 with a (mere) 385 HP or the 2002 with the 405? (not that it matters TOO much).....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Is this the Bullitt Club or 'I wish I had a Vette' club? To each his own, but as I said in another post, I'd take 2 Bullitts over a single Vette any day!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Having owned several Vettes ( most bought new ) in the past I still like the Bullitt more overall?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Nasty,I will assume that Dad's new 57 Chevy,had the Fuelie 283,283HP option right? He would have been cool to sneak that one home!......Christmas must come early in Texas...Man-oh-man a new Z-06 and Excursion!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
About memories....When my brother,at age 20,needed Dad as a co-signer,on his new 1970 Hemicuda,we said....Look Dad,it has an automatic trans,you can drive it too!!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Congrats on getting the Z06, they really haul compared to the Bullitt, but they also cost twice as much. Enjoy the Bullitt as much as you can before it goes. I know you'll miss the sound. I don't know about the 2002's, but at work there are a few Z06's and they don't sound agressive at all. A little to mute for my tastes.

·
Registered
309 Posts

So what were your final mods on the Bullitt and your final track times? Since you're not going to be modding the Bullitt any more, we're all curious to see how you got into the 12's so easily... Do tell all the dirty little secrets. :grin:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Black,
Did you trade-in or sell your Bullitt? In any case, how much did you get? I'm having Corvette dreams also

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Black Sunshine, ditto the "always welcome here" part!!!
you've been here for quite a while and i always respected what you had to say!
can't say i don't envy the Z06 either,...that's one VERY sweet car.
let us know how it is when you've driven it for a while

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-10-30 15:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
959 Posts
Congrats on the Vette. Nice car and fast. Guess the new job is paying well.. :razz:

Email me and let me know what you had put together so far, on a Texas gathering and I'll try and finish making it happen.

Good luck!

Brian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts