Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well here it is three weeks later and my list keeps building. so far here is the fix list:
.the entire car gets re-painted: lots of orange-peele and dull spots
.Both rear brake rotors are cracked in multiple places
.The p/s sunvisor has glue on it from the all famous...(FACTORY)
.Get this one...the hood scoop is coming off
.The p/s rear speaker has deep scratches in the metal
.There is a loud clunking noise when shifting into gears
.P/S front headlight has condensation in it
.D/S rear tail-light has condensation in it
.Has trouble starting after running for around an hour
.Deep gouge in the steering column
.L/R speaker has static in it

and does anyone else's Bullitt keep reving after releasing the gas to shift? mine maintains the rpm range that it was in....And they say I'll have it back in a week......RIGHT!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Black Sunshine #161 on 2001-06-09 21:36 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-09 21:35, Black Sunshine #161 wrote:
.The p/s sunvisor has glue on it from the all famous...(FACTORY)
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I have this one also. Still waiting on interior parts...

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
.There is a loud clunking noise when shifting into gears
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

A bunch of of have noticed this one. One person saw loose bolts on the tranny. There has been some discussion as to this being normal behaviour, but it is hard to say without seeing it in person I think. Another reason for Bullitt gatherings. :smile:

Good luck. I hope they do get it taken care of in a week. Better make sure they have the interior parts handy.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I've seen the reving question on other boards. The response to those similar questions was that the computer is programmed to hold the revs up for a couple seconds to improve the shifting. Supposed to be normal.....:???:

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess i'm just used to when you drop the throttle the rpm's drop with it. it dosn't seem normal to me yet. on the other note i have told hem several times to order the interior parts prior to taking the car there but i'll see how that go's..........

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sorry to here about your Bullitt:( but hey they have had mine in the shop since 4 june and i hope to get it back sometime this week.
I feel Ford for the cost of this vehicle could have done a lot better job at putting it together. Obviously QUALITY wasn't JOB 1 .
And its not like you or I are the only ones having so called minor problems(just read this forum) but for 28,000 dollars a pop Ford could of done a lot better. PS: I have only one question? Where was the quality inspection teams when they were rolling these cars down the line ?? ASLEEP ???

Thanx Havgun!

·
Registered
214 Posts
checking the tires?????

·
Registered
959 Posts
I really feel for you guys. I guess I am lucky as I have not had any issues but for a banged up front rocker mud flap which was chewed up unloading the car. Looks like they really paid attention to the quality on the first run of cars and got lax later on.

They are still great cars though so hang in there!

Brian

·
Registered
33 Posts
mine is in for the clunking too, PLUS when it's cold it won't let me shift it into second gear (or it'll grind). Been doulbe clutching when it's cold seems to help a little.

I too am pissed at spending $28,000 on a car and having problems already. I hoped for the best, but it's not happening. :sad:

And what do they give me for a loaner...a F-ING Focus. Don't get me started on what a POS that thing is.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Well the paint is a sore spot with most Mustang owners period. BON released a report a while back about the paint quality at the Ford factories and the Mustang plant was at the bottom of the list. It's due for a complete "Rehaul" within 2 years (Proabably for the new '03's). THe best factory paint for the ENTIRE Ford empire (Ford/Lincoln/Mercury) came from our very own Chicago Taurus/Sable assebly plant. Being as this is a collectors car though you'd think they'd treat it a little differently. While it does suck at least your dealer is taking care of it for you adn you'll get your Bullitt back in the condition it was suposed to be in when you picked it up.
I had some minor paint blemishes that my dealer took care of for me and I also had the condensation in the D/S Tailight.. they replaced that as well.
Good Luck and I hope you get your Bullitt back soon!!

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
#745 is scheduled to go back next Monday. WAS supposed to go back today but the Service Mgr told me he didn't have a car for me to drive. How can a car dealership NOT have an available car. I called back a few minutes later and talked to Chris, my sales guy, and told him I thought I was getting jerked around. He put me on hold and the next thing I knew the owner of the dealership was on there asking what my problems with the car was. He told me that he would reschedule me for NEXT Monday since he has to get in touch with the body shop. He also assured me that a car would be waiting for me at that time. I didn't go into the whole list with him, but it includes the "noise" when going into second, paint problems, interior trim problems, and one of the wheels has some over spray from the spokes on the outer ring(new rim?).
I don't care how long they have it as long as I get it back FIXED RIGHT! I'd be pulling my hair out if it was long enough!!!!
Cam

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too am having the noise when going into gear (klunk) I am also hearing what sounds like a sticky lifter. I changed out the break in oil hoping it would quiet it down, but no such luck. I guess I too will be heading into the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Bullitt (#933) has primer popping through the paint near the fuel door a week after I picked it up, and the driver's side headlight was fogging...but it hasn't done it again in awhile...

I got the paint fixed, along with a scuffed wheel (from the transporter rails) replaced and the left exhaust pipe re-aligned (it was hanging too low). After all that, I can see obvious orange peel in the paint on the hood scoop while driving, but I'm not ready to give the car up again. Maybe I'll have them fix it later (but still in the three year warrantly period).

Less than thrilled with the quality? Yes, especially consider my year old Honda Odyssey that has made exactly ONE trip to the dealer for an oil change. And the Big 3 wonder why they're losing market share...

Still, no Honda sounds or pulls like the Bullitt. Sure, the S2000 is cool, but if you're after torque (like I am), ya' gotta bite the Bullitt!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, the ticking noise I thought was a lifter just kept getting worse and worse, so I took the car into the dealer yesterday to have it corrected. I got a call from them today informing me that it was normal harmonic noise. Now, you are a little pissed off when you have a problem with your new car that has 1700 miles on it to begin with, but try having the dealer tell you that the crappy noise that everyone keeps asking you "what is that noise in your engine" is normal harmonic noise. Let me tell you, that is a level of pissed off you do not want to be at.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Get a second opinion. Go to another Dealer. I can't believe what you are describing is "normal"....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts