Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to take 161 to get the throwout bearing replaced in the tranny and get another set of headlights and a taillight replaced. Will my exaust void the tranny warranty and do I have to remove the T/A before taking it there? Also, how hard would it be to get them to replace the clutch while their at it? Thanks

Jerry

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Black Sunshine #161 on 2002-01-02 09:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
jerry,
there is a TSB also out on replacing the clutch disc/trhowout bearing and pressure plate... if you push iyt, it shouldapply to you as well..think its tsb#00241 vibration at idle/noise etc try that goin g in

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Jerry, as far as leaving the parts on, you need to know if they are a "mod friendly" dealer. Some absolutely don't care and others will act like you are the most evil person in the world for trying to pull something over on Ford :grin: I am not overly familiar with the Magnuson-Moss warranty act, but have heard it deals partially with this. In my opinion, Ford, without a shadow of doubt, would have to prove your modifications caused the damage.

It's your call though, I would imagine you will get some crap over it. I will say one thing though. My 5.0 LX had quite a few mods on it including off-road pipe. I had a problem with a BAP sensor and couldn't chase it down. I took it to one of the most mod-unfriendly dealers around and talked to a service tech. He scheduled the check and I told him about the mods and he couldn't care less. The next day it was fixed under warranty with 140,000 miles on it. I had been completely ready to pay for the service, but they didn't charge me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts