Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the weather finally cooled off here in florida. And it finally stopped raining everyday. so I got to wash 1633 and give her a nice wax and clean up the 74'

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Nice Aaron-Both look great. The B still looks really good. Like I said before...I love the black Bullitts. :cool:

Any bites yet on the '74?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MaineBullitt said:
Nice Aaron-Both look great. The B still looks really good. Like I said before...I love the black Bullitts. :cool:

Any bites yet on the '74?
Thanks John, for some reason my camera took out all the bugs on the front bumper and the front portion of the hood. I need to do a good wash, clay bar, clay bar, wash, wax and sealer on it though for the next show in january.

Everyone calls being all interested and then never call back. if its not gone by the end of the year, ill get a new carb and have my mechanic do an overview to see if he thinks anything eles could be changed out. the last time i had him take a look it was only the carb.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Looking good! Nice Mustang II, I can't remember the last time I saw one of those on the road!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rare Pony said:
Looking good! Nice Mustang II, I can't remember the last time I saw one of those on the road!

You're tellin me. They are either in the junk yard, in perfect condition in someones garage or covered so no one will know they own one lol. I love my 74' though. there is one other one here in st.cloud, but its a coupe, 4cyl Ghia.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Thanks John, for some reason my camera took out all the bugs on the front bumper and the front portion of the hood. I need to do a good wash, clay bar, clay bar, wash, wax and sealer on it though for the next show in january.
I can relate-Every car I've owned (including the Bullitt) has looked at least a bit better in photos than in person. Heck-if the Bullitt was really as flawless as it looks in the photos I posted last week I'd probably never drive it again :lol: Still though, yours does look great, no sign of any of the flaws you had mentioned in another thread...

Mr.BULLITT said:
Everyone calls being all interested and then never call back. if its not gone by the end of the year, ill get a new carb and have my mechanic do an overview to see if he thinks anything eles could be changed out. the last time i had him take a look it was only the carb.
I'm dating myself here but I can remember my Mom having a mid 70's Mustang II when we lived in Pa. It was a 4 cyl w/auto, and I was only about 12 or so. I used to slam it back & forth between drive & reverse in the garage to do burnouts because it wouldn't do one on it's own. The car had to be towed one time when my Mom was driving it to Church...:shock: I was a bad kid....

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
I can relate-Every car I've owned (including the Bullitt) has looked at least a bit better in photos than in person. Heck-if the Bullitt was really as flawless as it looks in the photos I posted last week I'd probably never drive it again :lol: Still though, yours does look great, no sign of any of the flaws you had mentioned in another thread...
I know that feeling. I have more love bug remains on my bumper than paint. LOL! I screwed up and put wax on the front bumper this weekend and it made them show up even worse. I've got to save up for at least getting the bumper repainted.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
I know that feeling. I have more love bug remains on my bumper than paint. LOL! I screwed up and put wax on the front bumper this weekend and it made them show up even worse. I've got to save up for at least getting the bumper repainted.
On mine the front bumper is still mint-MRaburn had the 3m film applied way back when. But there are about 5 or 6 chips that have been touched in different spots plus the area on the rocker panels just in front of the rear wheels-this is the worst area. I have a brand new set of rockers & caps if I ever get the itch to replace the originals, but no sense in doing it now while I am still driving it a bit.....

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,071 Posts
Rare Pony said:
Yeah, when we are driving the 76 coupe, we always seem to get a "thumbs up" or "nice car!" More so than in the B! :eek:

We don't drive it much though, it isn't as fun, and it smokes too much. I think we will be putting it up for sale this spring. It only has 76,000 original miles on it :eek:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TwoStangWmn said:
Yeah, when we are driving the 76 coupe, we always seem to get a "thumbs up" or "nice car!" More so than in the B! :eek:

We don't drive it much though, it isn't as fun, and it smokes too much. I think we will be putting it up for sale this spring. It only has 76,000 original miles on it :eek:
put a 1 in front of the 7 and thats how many original miles mine has :lol:

MaineBullitt said:
Yeah in one of the photos you can see the heat/sun damage on the hood scoop. But, I'm doing a cowl hood once I get some money.

MainBullitt said:
I'm dating myself here but I can remember my Mom having a mid 70's Mustang II when we lived in Pa. It was a 4 cyl w/auto, and I was only about 12 or so. I used to slam it back & forth between drive & reverse in the garage to do burnouts because it wouldn't do one on it's own. The car had to be towed one time when my Mom was driving it to Church...:shock: I was a bad kid....
BAD KID!!!!!! I was an Angel....or was it devil pshh i dont remember lol

1LOW03GT said:
Dude,they both look sweet! :cool:
Thanks man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts