Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Yeah so I'm driving to work this morning. I get to a light where I have to turn left. The light turns green and we all start moving. well the idiot in front of me decideds to slam on his breaks because he is making a
u-turn all of a sudden, and there is a semi making a right turn onto the road so he couldn't go. well the B's breaks kick in great, but the idiot behind me must not of noticed and slammed on his breaks too late. well i got a little bump, the light turned red, and I get out to check it. and so does he. I feel all around and don't fell or see anything. so we shake hands and consider ourselves lucky. So i get back in my car, light turns green and I drive the rest of the 1 mile to work, and for some reason it doesn't sit well with me that there was no damage. so i get to work and check it again, (now the 3rd or 4th time) and notice a freakin quarter size hole!!!!!!!!!! under where the mustang lettering is where the bumper angles in. Needless to say I was and stil am, ****ed. cause now i need to replace the rear bumper with MY money instead of HIS!!!!!!!!!! CRAP!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
sorry to here that Aaron...

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Sorry to here about that! I would have been upset too. Keep us posted as to how you get it fixed.

Rick

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
You are lucky, it could have been worse. I find when I drive mine people follow me to close, they ride next to me to close, and everyone wants to race or try and be faster. I'm not talking about other mustangs or corvettes etc. its mini vans, pickups, any non performance vehicle. I try to take it out at not so busy times but these people find me. I have had some close calls thats why I mention this. It only happens in the Bullitt not any of my other cars.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bullitt4204 said:
Sorry to here about that! I would have been upset too. Keep us posted as to how you get it fixed.

Rick
My plan all along was to do the 03/04 cobra bumper with filled in lettering to have that smooth look. But I wassn't financially ready for that just yet.

54deuce said:
You are lucky, it could have been worse. I find when I drive mine people follow me to close, they ride next to me to close, and everyone wants to race or try and be faster. I'm not talking about other mustangs or corvettes etc. its mini vans, pickups, any non performance vehicle. I try to take it out at not so busy times but these people find me. I have had some close calls thats why I mention this. It only happens in the Bullitt not any of my other cars.
I have 2 other cars, but the 74' is for sale and the 66' f100 gets worse MPG than the BULLITT so the B is my only car. Needless to say the damage really isnt noticable, but I know its there.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Knowing it's there, that's what counts, and that's what hurts the most :(. Trust me though, in about a week, you wont care any more, and you'll just think to yourself that it's only cosmetic and easily fixed. I cracked my front right mud guard and scratched the left of my door, it got to me for about a week to the point where I didn't even wanna drive it, but you forget about it once you remember how powerful your car really is where it counts ;). Think of it this way, your car is a little lighter now, you can drive faster! :p

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DiZzyBonne said:
Knowing it's there, that's what counts, and that's what hurts the most :(. Trust me though, in about a week, you wont care any more, and you'll just think to yourself that it's only cosmetic and easily fixed. I cracked my front right mud guard and scratched the left of my door, it got to me for about a week to the point where I didn't even wanna drive it, but you forget about it once you remember how powerful your car really is where it counts ;). Think of it this way, your car is a little lighter now, you can drive faster! :p

I used to be like that, but since I bought the BULLITT....wait no ever since my 68' coupe i can't stand little things like that until i fix it. my front bumper was damaged for a couple years because of the hurricans we had here and It bothered everyday up until i got it fixed.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I really wanna fix mine too, but I don't let it get to me any more. As long as she purrs, it's all good.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well If I can just get a small amount of bondo or Fiberglass filler in it and then touch it up with some UA coded paint I'll do that too.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I just hate looking at other people's Bullitt's online...so clean, and perfect :(. Makes me sad and makes me think that mine looks like **** :x. I know it doesn't, but it's in my head.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DiZzyBonne said:
I just hate looking at other people's Bullitt's online...so clean, and perfect :(. Makes me sad and makes me think that mine looks like **** :x. I know it doesn't, but it's in my head.
Thats me whenever I go to car shows. outside of that on a normal day I'm like yeah My car is awesome, I get to a show and i'm like Piece of crap lol

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yeah yell at it, show it who's boss! Mine is dirty right now though because of the rain, it's my only car :(. Even when I wash it, and it looks really clean, just looking at other pictures makes it seem dirty.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DiZzyBonne said:
Yeah yell at it, show it who's boss! Mine is dirty right now though because of the rain, it's my only car :(. Even when I wash it, and it looks really clean, just looking at other pictures makes it seem dirty.
Wash it twice, wax it twice and then a nice sealer on top of that will make it real purty

·
Registered
722 Posts
Will that stop the rain from staining if it decides to rain again?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If you dont mind me saying, you should use the deuce every day instead of the B, I am thinking its all stock, could be wrong. Looks very nice. Dont know how bad you want to sell it.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
54deuce said:
If you dont mind me saying, you should use the deuce every day instead of the B, I am thinking its all stock, could be wrong. Looks very nice. Dont know how bad you want to sell it.
I don't really want to sell it. but I have (3) 2-door vehicles and I want a 4 door, 4cyl/6cyl

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
54deuce said:
Whats motor is in the II?
its the 2.8L v6 and it does get great MPG, but i do alot of site visits and estimating so I need something a little more reliable. If i could keep it and still get a new car I would do it in a heart beat.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts