Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone was looking for them, here is a link... http://www.wheelsmarket.com/180bul17char1.html

Jay, Irvine CA
True Blue #4660
Vortech supercharged / Steeda Tri-Ax / Ford alum D/S / 30mm wheel spacer / Xenon rear spoiler / Powerslot rotors & Hawk HPS pads / MGW interior

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#4660 on 2002-01-07 16:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
223 Posts
Guys

http://www.tirerack.com has the real Bullitt Rims for $175.00 each. Why go replica when you can get the originals for less.

Steve

2001 Mustang Bullitt #2075
Dark Highland Green
MGW Interior pieces
MGW License Frame without GT Logos
Densecharger
Tri-Ax
Sequential Tail Lights

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt 2075 on 2002-01-08 09:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-08 09:57, Bullitt 2075 wrote:
Guys

http://www.tirerack.com has the real Bullitt Rims for $175.00 each. Why go replica when you can get the originals for less.

Steve

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Because you can only get them in 17x8's. People, like myself, are looking for 9" wide wheels to use wider tires and eliminate the need for wheel spacers. I got my 18x9's last night that I ordered from oeconcept.com and they are a perfect match in color and texture, very quality aftermarket wheels.

Jay, Irvine CA
True Blue #4660
Vortech supercharged / Steeda Tri-Ax / Ford alum D/S / 30mm wheel spacer / Xenon rear spoiler / Powerslot rotors & Hawk HPS pads / MGW interior

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt#4660 on 2002-01-08 10:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt#4660 on 2002-01-08 11:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
946 Posts
Jay, I am interested in the aftermarket wheels for the same reasons. Will the centercap come off so it can be replaced with the original stock center
cap?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-08 13:39, DOUBLE J wrote:
Jay, I am interested in the aftermarket wheels for the same reasons. Will the centercap come off so it can be replaced with the original stock center
cap?
I was told they would snap right in, I will verify that tomorrow when I get the tires mounted and throw them on the car. I'll let ya know.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
On 2002-01-08 09:57, Bullitt 2075 wrote:
Guys

Steve

You can actually get originals for about $130, if that is what you are looking for. I went with 17 X 9 in the rear because of wider tires.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2002-01-08 16:13 ]</font>

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On 2002-01-08 13:39, DOUBLE J wrote:
cap?

The original caps pop in the new wheels but are little loose and stick out about an 1/8". I just wrapped electrical tape around the cap where it snaps in and it tightened it right up. I can live with the 1/8" protrusion.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I'm hesitant to go with wheels from AFS, OEconcepts, or Performance Wheel Outlet. My understanding is that they are not DOT certified. They don't do sideload testing or any other test required by the DOT. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The other thing I have heard is that they are very heavy compared to the factory rims. I would be interested in getting an actual weight figure if someone can measure o factory rim and an aftermarket rim from one of these companies.
I would really like to find out who made the rims for the Concept Bullitt and see if they are any better. I really want 17X9 or 18X9 rims, but I'm not willing to sacrifice looks or quality, so I'm still waiting.

Eric

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The wheels I got from OE concepts are better quality than factory, no question. The polished lip looks better, the paint looks better (my factory wheels all had paint defects) and I would recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I have the oe concepts 18x9 wheels on mine with no problems..Looks, fit and quality is very nice..By the way I do still sell them cheaper than you can buy them direct!!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
On 2002-01-07 16:27, Bullitt#4660 wrote:
Someone was looking for them, here is a link... http://www.wheelsmarket.com/180bul17char1.html

I just checked out that link and the wheel is "charcoal gray". The factory wheels on my Bullitt are the lighter "silver" color. I know Ford Racing sells the 17x8 in both the dark and light colors... which am I supposed to have? Can I get 17x9 in the lighter color?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts